Home

Beatdown in BCS Championship Game

This is a discussion on Beatdown in BCS Championship Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Beatdown in BCS Championship Game

I honestly didn't see this one coming ... in the 2012 BCS Championship Game, Alabama put a beating on my Florida State squad, 30-0.

It was terrible. Manuel threw 5 INTs and I couldn't get the running game going against 'Bama's D, which was No. 1 in the country heading into the game. I was down 20-0 late in the 3rd but drove inside the Alabama 20. Figured if I could score a TD, I'd have a shot in the 4th. Well, Manuel scrambled, took a hit and fumbled. Alabama recovered and ran it back 91 yards for a TD to go up 27-0.

This was the first time I've been shutout by the CPU in this game. What a time for that to come, eh? By the way, counting the actual 2009 championship, that's 3-straight for Alabama, as they also won it all in 2011. Dynasty.

I did have a top-10 recruiting class and did convince Reid and McDaniel to stay aboard, so I'm hopeful to get back to the title game. Hopefully I'll score next time
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Beatdown in BCS Championship Game

What sliders did u use?
Old 11-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...-progress.html
Old 11-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #4
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I played Mich(me)/OSU(cpu) in year one of a dynasty where I was just playing multiple games with teams. Got totally waxed, I didnt even score. It was like 20 something to ZERO and I turned it off like right after halftime. It was pitiful. Mich. defense was terrible, I suppose kind of like real life. Robinson was getting thrown aroudn like a doll, nothing on any side was going remotely right. LOL
Old 11-25-2010, 12:58 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I played Mich(me)/OSU(cpu) in year one of a dynasty where I was just playing multiple games with teams. Got totally waxed, I didnt even score. It was like 20 something to ZERO and I turned it off like right after halftime. It was pitiful. Mich. defense was terrible, I suppose kind of like real life. Robinson was getting thrown aroudn like a doll, nothing on any side was going remotely right. LOL

dont why you turned it off unless you didnt want it to be realistic because thats pretty much how Saturdays Ohio St-Michigan outcome will be
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2010, 11:09 AM   #6
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLEGENDsince87
What sliders did u use?
I've been using RudyJuly2's set he has posted in his sig.

Stoncold, I definitely thought about shutting my game off, but didn't think that would be right, so I played through, hoping that things would turn around. It was still cool to make the championship game and I have a good squad back for 2012-13, so I'm hopeful that I can make that final step this season.

I turned down job offers at Ohio State and LSU to re-sign for 5 years with FSU. I'm in this for the long haul. 26-2 after 2 seasons, so I'm off to a good start.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-25-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I have yet to be shutout, but in my dynasty I have lost some upsetting games. In year one I lost to Virginia with my Miami squad just like real life. I finished the regular season 10-2, with no conference title shot. I made it to the chik-fil-a bowl against LSU and was smacked down like 40 something to maybe 20.

In year two I had a much better squad. That number 1 recruiting class was now seniors and it was showing at first. I started the season out 3-0 giving up only an average of around 10 points a game including a 34-10 beating over the #11 OSU. But in game 4 of my season, Boston College came in and shut my offense down. They beat me in Miami 14-10. I only had 275 yards of offense the whole game. After that game I got on a nice roll, but it didn't come easy. I barely squeaked by Duke 44-40, I kicked a FG as time expired to beat a down FSU squad 30-27, but then I finally had some nice games beating VT and GT, two top 10 teams at the time, by three scores each.

Then I got late into my season and traveled to a good Florida team. I was back in the top 10 again and Florida was at 11. I figured this win would set me up for a BCS Title shot despite my upset loss earlier in the year, but I was wrong. Florida was amazing on defense, but even better on offense. They beat me 39-21. Brantley finished the game 32-42 400+ yards and 5 TDs 0 INTs. He had a worse receiving core than me, had the same overall as Jacory Harris, but I guess my pass defense was just not good enough. My oldest CB was only a So.(RS), and was only like an 82 overall, so that did hurt me.

After that game I went on to play UVA, this time in Miami. The game started off like it was going to be another upset, but I didn't care too much as I had clinched the ACC Coastal the week I beat VT because GT was upset by Maryland. But as the game drove on, ended up getting up 34-17 on UVA with under 4 minutes to go. I did let them score so I could get every single freshman in on one snap to fulfill the promises of no redshirts. I then went on to struggle against K-State in my final game, but eventually pulled away.

When I made it to the ACC Championship game I was heavily favored. I was #11 and 10-2 going up against a 7-5 FSU team. I knew it wasn't going to be easy as the first match-up of the year was decided by a FG as time expired even though I was up 17-0 to start the game. This time FSU got up something like 17-3. I ended up coming back and evening the score with around a minute to go, but my defense let me down and gave up a 30 yard TD pass with 13 seconds left. I ended up returning the kick to around the 35 with 8 seconds left. I called a pass play that had routes going everywhere since I had 2 timeouts. I hiked the ball, dropped back, threw a beautiful deep pass to Laron Byrd who caught it and was tackled at the FSU 30 with 2 seconds left. I tried calling timeout, but instead the last two seconds continued to tick off even after a first down! I ended up losing 34-27 or 37-30. Something like that. It was frustrating.

After that loss I made it back to the chik-fil-a bowl against #18 South Carolina. This time I wanted to redeem myself from last years performance and I wanted to get all my anger out from that tile game. I ended up getting up 28-3 at halftime and won the game easily like 52-10. This was a painful senior class to lose as I lost 7 players 90 overall or better including my 92 ovr QB, 93 ovr HB, 95, 94, 90 ovr WRs, and 94 ovr OLB.

Going into the offseason I knew my weakest spot was going to be OLB, so I recruited heavily on LBs and got about 2 OLBs to commit and 2-3 MLBs to commit that I might later switch to OLB if needed.

I have a kind of young team in year 3. My QBs are 85 overall So. Danny Frazier with 96 Throw Power and 86 Throw Accuracy. I also have many formations setup with 84 overall Fr.(RS) Reggie Malloy who has 85 Speed, 85 Throw Power and 83 Throw Accuracy. My running backs are 94 and 90 with a Sr. and Jr. I also have some formations setup using my So.(RS) backs to that are in the 80s range. Once again my WR core is pretty great with both starters at 90+ overall, but this year my slot is only an 81 overall. My defense is where the true skill is at though. My defensive line has 94 and 91 overall DE's, and 99 and 91 ovr DTs. My LB core is in the 80s, they should do a good job with their surrounding cast. My secondary has my top 3 CBs in the mid 80s range while both my Safety positions are mid 90 overalls.

I went into practice and my defensive line is insane. They were getting through my offensive line with ease. My worst offensive lineman is an 83 overall true So, but after that everyone is 88 or higher with my best at 94 overall So.(RS) Seantrel Henderson. I could not run on my defense unless I planned on losing yards. When passing I had maybe 3 seconds at the most. When I did get a pass off I have never seen a defense so fast. I honestly will be surprised if my defense gives up 100 points all year including my bowl game, ACC Title game, and my 12 regular season games. They're just insane. Even practicing as the defense against a CPU offense I was able to dominate with ease. I was tackling my QB before the hand off 7 out of 10 tries.

I can't wait to play my third year, it may be Miami's first ACC Title finally, and maybe even a BCS title if my defense plays consistent all year. But before I can play Yr. 3 I have to play Yr. 2 of my Madden franchise to keep them in sync.

― Plato
Old 11-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

In my first year, I was playing as Oregon and it was
#1 Oregon and #2 Boise State in the championship game. By half time I was down like 31-7. But then I came alive in the second half and won 42-31. It was my best game of the season in the second half. The first half i couldnt get ANYTHING going. LaMichael couldnt run, blockers couldnt block, it was a nightmare. But second half was amazing.

My Band http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...59000680813723
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »