Home

Unrealistic Ratings?

This is a discussion on Unrealistic Ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Unrealistic Ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBulletBob
except for the fact he's been timed at 4.36 before at 2 Camps (Ohio St and Florida) and 4.35 at Michigan and Robinson couldnt touch Millers speed its not even close really dont let you hateraide through and underrate every Ohio State player

hell Devin Garnder runs a 4.55 and he was a 94 acceleration so even a 4.47 should be at least 96 and since Miller has ran faster then 4.47 its not unreasonable to have 99
Umm actually if you convert those speed ratings into Madden a 4.47 is really only 87 or 88 speed and the acceleration is within the 1st 10-20 yards so you can't use that for his 40 time.

To be quite honest when you start talking 96-99 speed essentially a guy should have a 40 time of 4.30 and lower.

So Miller truly isn't a speed demon if he was in Madden he'd be fast but not as fast you might want him to be

This will give you a good idea of how those 40 times convert over to EA's ratings
http://www.fbgratings.com/members/index.php

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 11-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Umm actually if you convert those speed ratings into Madden a 4.47 is really only 87 or 88 speed and the acceleration is within the 1st 10-20 yards so you can't use that for his 40 time.

To be quite honest when you start talking 96-99 speed essentially a guy should have a 40 time of 4.30 and lower.

So Miller truly isn't a speed demon if he was in Madden he'd be fast but not as fast you might want him to be

This will give you a good idea of how those 40 times convert over to EA's ratings
http://www.fbgratings.com/members/index.php

Where does Madden come into this?
Old 11-27-2010, 11:49 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 14

Throw power ratings are all way too high. It affects gameplay a lot.

Your other concerns....those players are simply numbers man. This is not a game with real players......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Clearly you haven't watched much Michigan...based on how often Denard overthrows his wr's, 90 might be underselling his thp.

Kidding aside, I agree they made Gardner and most freshman in general too good. Keep in mind if all freshman in the game were rated based on what they were actually going to produce this year, then 4 years from now in dynasty mode everyone would be rated in the 80s.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBulletBob
Where does Madden come into this?
well the players import into Madden right?

so the speed ratings are judged using Madden's speed chart...

my point is that guy he pointed out shouldn't really have that high of speed because that would make him faster than some of the real speed players in Madden if use the correct 40 x's and translate them to it's proper speed in the game

But hey maybe you guys like overating speed ratings so carry on

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 12-01-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Nobody uses the base rosters. Everyone downloads updated rosters, which are far better.

But come on, dude. a 4.47 does NOT equal anywhere NEAR 99 acceleration. Are you kidding me? He's not faster than Denard. Isn't even close. Don't let you bias through and overrate every Ohio State player.
don't you just love guys who want to jack up the speed of their favorite players...

no wonder EA has a million players running around on the field with 90+ speed it makes people happy i guess

If you look at their true combine #'s half these guys aren't even at a 90 speed they are overated in that area by the NCAA developers who rate the players speed

Last edited by Playmakers; 12-01-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #15
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

NCAA has always had jacked up ratings......Which is why I stopped using default rosters and edit them myself.

Prime example, look at Alabama roster......damn near everybody has 90s or high 80s ratings across the board, even their freshmen.

But the look at a school like Iowa State or Indiana and they have seniors with a 58 awareness. Ratings are VERY bias. If it is big name school that is on national tv a lot, their whole roster will have high ratings. Schools who only get local or regional coverage, their ratings are very low.

I swear I seen an Alabama Right Tackle with 84 speed 82 jukemove 97 awareness 66 Kick return. I was like what ?????

Or a senior WR with 55 catch 66 awareness 80 speed 69 route running, but yet he is an all american. Makes no sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »