Home

Farewell, Boise State????

This is a discussion on Farewell, Boise State???? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2010, 09:35 AM   #9

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Farewell, Boise State????

Did you try saving and re-loading before advancing to the off-season?

After Year 4 of my dynasty with Tulane, I saved and reloaded twice before getting an invite to the SEC.

Out of curiousity, I saved a copy of that file and then re-loaded the file I had before I made the switch and simmed another 20 times just to see the frequency. I only got the invite about 5 of the 20 times I did it.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 11-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #10
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Use the EA Imagination Feature

Play about 8 or 9 games, then come up with a "scandal". (Pay to play is a current favorite) to get "fired"
Simulate the rest of the season, no recruiting.
Take a job at a WKU or Eastern Michigan (any no or 1 win team will do) and sim a year or two
If you're looking for a challenge, then go to a lesser team in a big conf. (Maryland, 'Ville, Indiana) and become a OC/DC and recruiting coach. If you're the OC, play only Offense and then sim defense, and vice versa for DC.
After a few years, become HC and take it from there.

That's what I did in my Oregon Dynasty in '10. It was pretty fun (I made the jump from UO to WKU (trash team that I simmed my years away from the game) and picked up as DC Kansas State.)

@AdamdotH

Last edited by Watson; 11-29-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:33 PM   #11
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

Interesting thoughts guys. I'm going to wait to try to see if I can meet both of my goals this year and get the invite before I start the restart method. I also like the imagination method interesting....sometimes you need to think outside the box. Well it's week 4 in 2016 and I started out at number 5 and have moved up to #1. Started out with a thrashing of Syracuse 70-7, followed that up with a 26-14 win at #19 Miami, and in week 3 I took out the #1 buckeyes by a final score of 21-10 on the blue turf. It was an **** battle in which somehow I overcame 5 turnovers to pull out the win. My defense a B+ held the buckeyes to 171 total yards an amazing 8 yards rushing. It was almost as if the CPU wanted me to lose. My QB a 96 overall couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He overthrew the tight end twice down the seam when he was wide open right to their safety. There was some definite glitching going on. He finished with 3 picks and I had 2 fumbles. But my boys fought hard and came away with the win. I'm sure I'm going to get screwed now that I am entering the WAC portion of my schedule. I fully expect to be number 4 or below when the 1st BCS polls come out. I love this team and I don't know if I can give them up. It would take a special offer from a special team to move on. I am in the 7th and final year of my contract hoping for some magic. Hail Boise.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »