Home

NCAA Football 11 Conference Alignment

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Conference Alignment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
Rookie

dray8theman's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA Football 11 Conference Alignment

I know this has been done sooo many times that it's a cliche now, but I wanted to do one of my own.

The way I decided to realign the conferences is really and mainly based on reality, what could actually happen in real life. So I guess without further ado, here's my dynasty that I'm going to make.

ACC
I wanted to keep the core of the conference, the moves I made were more so for other conferences. But all in all I believe these were good moves.
Additions: Vanderbilt & Connecticut
I took Vanderbilt from the SEC as it’s a much better academic match to the ACC and is a more basketball-focused school. I really had no reason to add Connecticut except for the fact that they were the only team that would fit in the ACC after I moved around the Big East. You'll see what I mean in a moment.
Departures: Miami & Virginia Tech
I personally liked these two teams when they were in the Big East better anyway. Both teams will make the Big East a more legitimate BCS Conference.
Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC)
Atlantic
FloridaState
Clemson
Maryland
Wakeforest
BostonCollege
NC State
Coastal
Georgia Tech
Connecticut
North Carolina
Virginia
Vanderbilt
Duke

Big East Conference

With these moves the Big East will move back into a BCS legitimate Powerhouse Conference. I wish NCAA Football 11 didn't have the swap feature or I would've added probably 3 extra teams. Oh well, this is what I'm dealt so I gotta use what I got.
Additions: Miami, Virginia Tech, & Central Florida
You already know about Miami and Virginia Tech, but why Central Florida. Well UCF has done pretty well the past couple of years in Conference-USA and I think, sort of like South Florida, they should have a chance to play at the next level. Should be a good addition to the newly formed Big East
Departures: Connecticut, South Florida, Pittsburgh
Connecticut in the ACC is a fairly good move. But I think South Florida's move to the SEC and Pittsburgh's move to the Big Ten are not only logical, but great moves imo. South Florida is replacing a Vanderbilt team that was always on the bottom of the division and should bring more of a competitive nature in games and also recruiting. Might even be able to start up a rivalry with Florida and possibly Georgia. Pittsburgh going to the Big Ten is great because of Rivalry. As you'll see in a moment, academics, rivalry, and location caused me to place them here
Big East Conference
Miami
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
Cincinnati
Louisville
Syracuse
UCF
Rutgers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
Rookie

dray8theman's Arena

Re: NCAA Football 11 Conference Alignment

I will post the rest in a few hours. I actually have to go somewhere. Feel free to criticize the moves so far and just let me know how fans would react to moves like this.

Thanks guys
Old 11-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
Rookie

TheBauerHour's Arena

OVR: 9

My conferences are a bit oddball, but they make sense once you look over them.
Pac-12 becomes the ACC
Big 10 becomes the Big 12
Big 12 becomes Big 10
Original ACC becomes C-USA
New Pac-10 conference becomes BCS Buster Conference (Now they'll get the chance being in the 'Pac-10')

ACC:
Atlantic:
Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State
Coastal:
USC, UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah

Big 12
North:
Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, Iowa
South:
Nebraska, Penn State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northwestern, Illinois

Big 10:
Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Rice

C-USA:
Divisions are the same as old ACC

Pac-10:
Houston, TCU, Boise State, BYU, Hawaii, Fresno State, Air Force, Navy, UCF, Nevada

SEC:
Stays the same.

Big East:
Stays the same.

MAC:
Stays the same.

Sun Belt:
Stays the same.

WAC and Mountain West are made up of cupcake teams.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:41 PM   #4
Rookie

dray8theman's Arena

Big Ten Conference
These moves were pretty obvious and logical. Not really better moves, but pretty good moves imo.
Additions: Notre Dame & Pittsburgh
Notre Dame and Pittsburgh are great academic programs and would bring great tradition into the Big Ten. The Pitt/Penn State rivalry, the Penn State/Notre Dame and the Notre Dame/Michigan/Michigan State rivalries will have bigger intentions now that a conference championship will be determined.
Departures: Iowa & Northwestern
In order to bring in Notre Dame and Pittsburgh I had to make some moves. I moves Iowa to the Big 12 to not only have their rivalry with Iowa State mean more, but they would bring much more competition than Colorado brought. (Colorado moved out the Big 12). I put Northwestern in the Independents conference just because.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:15 PM   #5
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3

Understand that, ultimately, you're the only one whose opinion really matters, and you don't have to take my advice at all.

I really like the move of VT and Miami back to the Big East, I feel like things would be a lot more balanced if the ACC expansion were just undone. If you could somehow figure out how to fit BC in, that'd be really sweet, but really the only team in your Big East that'd fit in the ACC, I think, would be Rutgers, and they're a better fit for the Big East anyway.

Notre Dame's been argued to death. I'm on the side that they'd be better in the Big Ten. But it's not a huge deal, I think.

I feel like Iowa out of the Big Ten would never happen -- their in-state with Iowa State is not as big of a deal as the Big Ten rivalries, I think. The Big Ten, I think, is the hardest to swap around -- all the teams that are currently in it make sense, have strong, traditional rivalries, and I just can't imagine much swaping around, save for Penn State, who are only outsiders because they came too late. If it's possible, I'd send Penn State to the independents, they had a strong tradition of independence before joining the Big Ten and could. I'd then cast out Northwestern into some other conference rather than Iowa -- they have a bit less tradition in the Big Ten. THey don't really fit in the Big 12 though, so I'm not too sure about this.

I did custom conferences a while back, maybe take a look for some ideas: http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...es-thread.html

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »