Home

Offense best related to the old wing T?

This is a discussion on Offense best related to the old wing T? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Offense best related to the old wing T?

thanks guys, i use Ohio st for both online and offline but offline i just re-did Ohio States Roster to a bunch of Ohios greatest high school football players but i dont cheese and make them 99s as freshman my absolute limit is 80 but i try to keep them at 75 or lower to make it more fun and competive but i always somewhat liked the wing T and with Braxton Miller (who i overralled at 77 and if you dont know who he is look him up he's denard robinson with much better passing skills) its going to be fun to use him in the wing t
Old 11-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #10
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBulletBob
thanks guys, i use Ohio st for both online and offline but offline i just re-did Ohio States Roster to a bunch of Ohios greatest high school football players but i dont cheese and make them 99s as freshman my absolute limit is 80 but i try to keep them at 75 or lower to make it more fun and competive but i always somewhat liked the wing T and with Braxton Miller (who i overralled at 77 and if you dont know who he is look him up he's denard robinson with much better passing skills) its going to be fun to use him in the wing t
I dare to say this would be an offense for Kirk Heirbstreet, who ran this @ Centerville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 11-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #11
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Great thread, guys...

I'm just about to wrap up my SMU "Run and Shoot" dynasty and am looking for something completely different...

This sounds like a perfect choice...

Other than GT, who do I have to choose from, either in terms of playbook or personel / philosophy (a team I could pair with the GT playbook, for instance)...

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I dare to say this would be an offense for Kirk Heirbstreet, who ran this @ Centerville

it could be, but Miller has a shot to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball, i thought about making Roger Staubaugh as well since he was from Ohio or Art Schliester but his gambling problem turned me away
Old 11-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #13
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Great thread, guys...

I'm just about to wrap up my SMU "Run and Shoot" dynasty and am looking for something completely different...

Other than GT, who do I have to choose from, either in terms of playbook or personel / philosophy (a team I could pair with the GT playbook, for instance)...

Thanks!
Personal, you have to go in and look at the teams and figure out what you want to. Another big thing is who do you want to be the focal point? The FB or QB? If you're going with a pocket passer, then it will probably be the FB. This offense can be very "boring" to some, but it can be as diverse as you want it to be.

As far as playbooks, you can't go wrong with GT and Navy. Air force has some stuff in there. Army used to and not sure if they still have the option run playbook. If you're looking for strictly wing t, I'd go w/ GT or Navy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 11-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Great thread, guys...

Thanks!
Well, it's a weird thing. You would think a team like Michigan would be great with Denard, Nebraska has some mobile QB's solid RB's and a great defense. Ohio State, Oregon, and several others fit the fast QB option profile.

Something about GT though that just seems to make a difference at least in online play. With so many ratings this year my guess would be it's the the way the offensive lines block ratings are. Not just run blocking, but secondary ratings. It stinks because GT can be made one dimensional with so little at WR and QB, but I can still pick up the occasional 3rd and long with hot routes out of a hail mary set (GT doesn't have shotgun). So I would still recommend GT, they just seem to have the "it" factor. If you want a lower tier team maybe Navy or Army, they might also have the "it" factor being natural option teams.

This offense can be so rewarding I'm surprised more don't try it. Like I said earlier it's all about feeling comfortable with 3 yard gains. If you play online and you start getting 3 per play over and over it's really gotta take a toll on the other human player, especially as he's sending so many rushers. Some might not like this but I have no problem throwing the clock on conservative and eating up a 7:50 minute drive. Once you establish that you will run and run and run some more then start throwing, but hot read some of our guys to block because he's going to send a lot of pressure. You will feel when a pass is due, so much of this offense is about feel. If your executing it can appear unstoppable and completely demoralizing. At the same time you will run into some people who are very good at shutting it down. At that point you just do your best with what you have.

My motto is defense, no turnovers, ball control. That's all I think about. Just like in real life if you eliminate turnovers most the time you win. Just watch that option, only pitch if you have a clear angle, never out of desperation!
Old 11-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #15
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

greekgod09, finally someone understands the beauty of the wing t lol. I would love to see what this offense could do with an elite team! To see if having playmakers at a high level makes it even more powerful or even explosive.

I do agree about running. Think about it, how do you feel as a user when someone can run on you @ will? That's when you pull out the "waggle" and that backside WR/SB will be off to the endzone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 03:56 PM   #16
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBulletBob
my high school used to run the Wing T up untill our 2 previous coaches we now run the spread, but we knocked off the #1 team in the country on a 49 game winning streak with the wing T in 1991 because they had never seen it before, but im not good as using the tripple option but maybe because i dont use it enough and need practice but ill have to give the Ga Tech and Air Force playbooks a shot
Are you talking about Concord De La Salle in California? .

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »