Home

Building a Small School vs Playing with a BCS power

This is a discussion on Building a Small School vs Playing with a BCS power within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
Rookie

Wootheel221068's Arena

OVR: 2
Building a Small School vs Playing with a BCS power

This is a question to all of you cause I am sure at some point through the years of playing this game we all have played a dynasty with a small school and tried to build them up. And I mean doesnt that get old after while, cause its pretty much the same thing all the time. You choose a small school and build them up, the only difference is uniforms, stadium, conference, and things like that. You always do the same thing pretty much.

My question is do you guys have more fun building a small school or playing a dynasty with your Florida, OK, OSU, Bama and feeling the atmosphere and pageantry of college football????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Building a Small School vs Playing with a BCS power

I always start off with Michigan. After building them into the likes of a super power, I start with a low tier team. After building them up, I look for a non BCS power ala Boise, TCU etc and get them into a BCS conference.

That usually takes most of the dynasty. With the remaining years, I try to find a team I've never done a dynasty with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 11-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
Rookie

Wootheel221068's Arena

When you say a team that you have never done a dynasty with .. do you mean like a school which is already a power like Florida, Bama or do you find a small school that you have never been??
Old 11-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootheel221068
When you say a team that you have never done a dynasty with .. do you mean like a school which is already a power like Florida, Bama or do you find a small school that you have never been??

I try to go for a middle of the road team, whether it be BCS conference team or not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 11-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

More fun to build up a smaller school. I always get a kick out of seeing a school in the top 10 or top 25 year after year that in real life probably would never crack the top 25.

I like building up the following schools:

Army
Navy
Akron
ECU
UL Monroe
UL Lafeyette
Wyoming
Western Michigan
Western Kentucky
FIU
UCF
UAB
Troy
Tulane
Marshal

Then I would move on to schools that are good in baketball but not football:

Duke
Use to be North Carolina but they pretty good in real life now
Wake Forest
Vanderbilt
Kansas
Kansas St
Arizona

Just get more fun out of the game that way. I like making the unexpected happen. In real life you will always see schools like Bama, Florida, Florida St., Miami, Ohio St, Michigan, USC, etc in the top 25......nothing new......it is expected.

It is just funny seeing Indiana as the Big 10 champs or Baylor as the Big 12 champs or Vandy as the SEC champs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
Banned

Phin's Arena

I've always built up a small school and got really into it but on NCAA 11 I just couldn't get into it so I decided to change it up. I decided to rebuild a team to it's former glory I got the choices down to Notre Dame and Miami then I used a random team generator and whichever one of the two came up first I picked, it was Miami. It's actually really rewarding to get the school back to a 6 star power, rake in the top recruits, renew old rivalries, get the stadium back as one of the most feared, implement new playbooks, I think returning a school to glory is just as fun as building one up.

This is the random selector I used.

http://www.prodeportes.com/bb/randteam/index.php

Some ideas for teams you could do this with Miami, Notre Dame, Michigan, UCLA, Cal.....
Old 11-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #7
Rookie

So far I've done dynasties with a middle of the road BCS school (NC State), powerhouse schools (Boise, Oklahoma), and an offline and online for a 2 star teambuilder team, and I can say by far the most fun I've had has been with the 2 star schools building them up.

After a few seasons, yes, everything does get repetitive no matter what dynasty you are in, but at least with the 2 star building them up you know that they are better because you got them there, not cuz you started at the top with someone elses recruits / roster etc... Its nice having to fight for recruits and actually being happy that you got that ONE four star at the beginning, got that ONE huge victory over a BCS powerhouse etc...
Old 11-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

I like having a Miami dynasty, North Carolina dynasty, and Nevada Dynasty. I have all three, so when I want to use my powerhouse team I use Miami, who I've managed to get in the top 3 year after year. North Carolina because it's close to home. Nevada because I love the pistol and they are the home of the pistol offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »