Home

What's your policy regarding Junior College recruits?

This is a discussion on What's your policy regarding Junior College recruits? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: What's your policy regarding Junior College recruits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingMets
Might seem like a dumb question. But how do you know the difference between JUCO and regular recruits?
Under there name, weight, height, there is a JUCO (So.) or JUCO (Jr.) symbol.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
Under there name, weight, height, there is a JUCO (So.) or JUCO (Jr.) symbol.
Thank you so much!
Old 12-02-2010, 01:56 AM   #11
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2

I only go JUCO if i see he have a lot of C+ & B's for their rating. that mean chances are they will come in above 80 overall and im prolly gonna RS them if its not Immediate Playin time so i can get extra rating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2010, 06:41 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Some JUCO recruits can be redshirted some come in having already used their redshirt.

Gotta pay attention to that.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #13

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Only time I go after JUCO is if I need to fill an immediate void and I am not able to grab a 4-star guy to fill it.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 12-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

First couple of years just disregarded whether they were JUCO or not. Built up a championship team, in part, due to this. However, was it a coincidence that my Academic Prestige dropped to a "C" (from a "B")? How sad is it that FSU's Acad. Prestige is now rated higher than Auburn when it wasn't that way to start (at least, that's what I recall).

Anyway, now I'm much more reluctant to bring in JUCO guys.
For my preseason recruiting board I'll strongly consider including one b/c at that point it's usually an 80+ guy.
Once guys starting falling off my original dozen (I pretty much go with 12 to recruit with a 4 x 60min, 4 x 50, 4 x 40 plan) with commits to me or elsewhere, I get more stringent with possible JUCO recruits using the limiting factors of coming in as a Soph. (with a RS year I can get 3 offseason training incr's for him) if he's 75-78 OVR, and/or coming in with a bit higher OVR if he'd arrive as a Jr.
Most times, now, the JUCO is coming in to my team almost primarily as a backup -- as is probably true for most of you -- perhaps for his career if he's a Jr., or eventually a 1-yr starter if arriving as a So. that I can RS.

One thing to add...I would think there were many more K/P JUCO guys out there than what's in the game. These guys would be instant hits for the recruiting board since in 8 seasons I've seen one K/P starting with an OVR over 81 -- and I got him from a pipeline state. I know these guys tend to improve "moderate" or "most" with the offseason training, but it almost seems like you have to potentially waist 2 roster spots at ea. position to RS the 2nd guy so he can get the extra yr of training progress to eventually be of use. Having my Sr. P (OVR 97) handling both duties this year while my Fr. K (79) hopefully gains some training pts and the RS'd P I've got also improves.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #15
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

I usually don't go after JUCO's unless I actually need them. But JUCO SO's are usually big steals because they come in fairly high rated, you can slap the shirt on em for a year and they'll progress nicely.

It usually depends on the ratings though. I grabbed a 3* CB in my OD that turned out to be an 85 overall with 97 speed.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #16

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
First couple of years just disregarded whether they were JUCO or not. Built up a championship team, in part, due to this. However, was it a coincidence that my Academic Prestige dropped to a "C" (from a "B")? How sad is it that FSU's Acad. Prestige is now rated higher than Auburn when it wasn't that way to start (at least, that's what I recall).

Anyway, now I'm much more reluctant to bring in JUCO guys.
For my preseason recruiting board I'll strongly consider including one b/c at that point it's usually an 80+ guy.
Once guys starting falling off my original dozen (I pretty much go with 12 to recruit with a 4 x 60min, 4 x 50, 4 x 40 plan) with commits to me or elsewhere, I get more stringent with possible JUCO recruits using the limiting factors of coming in as a Soph. (with a RS year I can get 3 offseason training incr's for him) if he's 75-78 OVR, and/or coming in with a bit higher OVR if he'd arrive as a Jr.
Most times, now, the JUCO is coming in to my team almost primarily as a backup -- as is probably true for most of you -- perhaps for his career if he's a Jr., or eventually a 1-yr starter if arriving as a So. that I can RS.

One thing to add...I would think there were many more K/P JUCO guys out there than what's in the game. These guys would be instant hits for the recruiting board since in 8 seasons I've seen one K/P starting with an OVR over 81 -- and I got him from a pipeline state. I know these guys tend to improve "moderate" or "most" with the offseason training, but it almost seems like you have to potentially waist 2 roster spots at ea. position to RS the 2nd guy so he can get the extra yr of training progress to eventually be of use. Having my Sr. P (OVR 97) handling both duties this year while my Fr. K (79) hopefully gains some training pts and the RS'd P I've got also improves.
Signing JUCOs has no effect on Academic Prestige. There is nothing that effects Academic Prestige. According to a dev, there is simply just a small percentage change each off-season of it going up or down by 1/2 a letter grade.

I've seen mine fluctuate from A+ to A and back to A+ throughout my dynasty. Sounds like you're just having bad luck with the randomized timer gods.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »