Home

So at what point does a game become legally fraud?

This is a discussion on So at what point does a game become legally fraud? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
So at what point does a game become legally fraud?

Just kind of curious...EA advertised this game with many promises regarding online dynasty capabilities. However, we are 5 months into the game and players are still reporting massive bugs and errors with no fix in sight. Among the top errors:

1.) Unable to log into the web browser because you need to "You need to purchase and sign in from the NCAA Football 11 game before you can log in the website" even though you have already done it and are already playing your online dynasty.

2.) For those that are able to log in on the web browser, there are many reports of an error during the recruiting process causing players to lose the call time without the call being saved.

3.) Multiple reports of "upload failed" causing progress/results not to save or rendering the dynasty incapable of advancing.

4.) Multiple reports of failures at the play screen where each player will show "ready" on their screen but not recognize the opponent.

This is just to name a few. Also, remember, just because you might not ever had a problem doesn't mean you have the right to discount those that have. In addition, take a look at the below link reporting these issues. If this is the number of people that actually take the time to report the problems just how many people don't?

How many of us over time just finally surrender to frustration? How many of just just resignedly wait for next years game with hopes of fixes?

At what point is a company guilty of false advertising and fraud?

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1086194.page
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: So at what point does a game become legally fraud?

Well, I guess you can say it's fraud when you can prove that they were intentionally deceitful.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Anyone who asks this type of question, should on principle, never purchase a product by the company in question ever again. If you've been swindled, or cheated out of your hard earned money, you should at the very least never give them the opportunity to do it again. Take a stand.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
Well, I guess you can say it's fraud when you can prove that they were intentionally deceitful.
Actually I don't think intent is irrelevant. A company can have all the good intentions in the world but if they don't deliver what good is their intent?

Here's a few things I found on false advertising:

Advertising is regulated by the authority of the Federal Trade Commission, a United States administrative agency, to prohibit "unfair and deceptive acts or practices in commerce."[7] While it makes laymen's sense to assume that being deceptive is being unfair, deceptiveness in practice has been treated separately by the FTC, leaving unfairness to refer only to other types

While the terms "false" and "deceptive" are essentially the same for most, being deceptive is not the same as producing deception. What is illegal is the potential to deceive, which is interpreted to occur when consumers see the advertising to be stating to them, explicitly or implicitly, a claim that they may not realize is false and material

-Wiki
Old 12-02-2010, 12:13 AM   #5
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

So your still looking for your "120 Ways to Win" right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2010, 01:28 AM   #6
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

You can try suing but I can guarantee you nothing will come of it. Every video game has problems with it. Its just a way of life. If EA committed fraud by doing this then every game company has committed fraud. This just sounds like you are unhappy with NCAA 11. My best advice is dont buy NCAA 12. Also Im not sure if you understand what fraud is because EA did not commit fraud.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 12-02-2010, 01:51 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
At what point is a company guilty of false advertising and fraud?

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1086194.page

did u read som of those post??? some dpressing stuff in there, ea should at least answer those question, at least
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 12-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
did u read som of those post??? some dpressing stuff in there, ea should at least answer those question, at least
Yeah...that's kind of my whole point...we're all the way in November and the same issues are still causing problems for people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »