Home

Which playbook?

This is a discussion on Which playbook? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Which playbook?

It's got to that stage in my dynasty where I think I need another change of philosophy. You guys were really helpful last time and I was hoping you could point me in the right direction again!

Essentially I'm looking for a shotgun based play book, but one that has loads of read/speed option plays to utilise my dual threat QB and good backs. So a run-heavy air raid/spread play book if that isn't too much of a contradiction!

Offense:

QB: 84 OVR, 89 Speed, 90+ in most running categories, 89 THP, 84 THA but low awareness as he's only a RS freshman. How he was only a 4* recruit I have no idea.

HB: Two very similar speed backs, 93/90 OVR. Not great receivers or blockers though.

FB: Terrible, apparently 81 OVR but his crucial ratings are rubbish so would prefer not to use him much.

WR: 87,87,83,81 OVR -all good with the ball in their hands so if they could be used in the running game as well that would be great.

TE: 90 OVR. #1 recruit in the country two years ago, he's now a phenomenal receiver but not a greater blocker.

O-Line: Pretty average (81-83 OVR) apart from my LG who is a 91. Slight run block preference.

Any suggestions appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Which playbook?

I have been using Mississippi State's playbook. Very heavy run orientated playbook out the Shotgun. It has a lot of the flex formations, where the QB lines up about 5 yards behind center, HB is offset to the Strong or Weak side 7 yards back. This allows for better upfield running and read options out of the shotgun.
It has plenty of Jet sweeps and WR options in every formation to get your recievers invloved in the run game.
The whole playbook is pretty much a Wildcat/misdirection style of offense, great for ball control and a QB that can be easily rattled.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Try using a One back scheme.

My favorite Playbook is Michigan States's (ugh, I fkn hate Sparty too).

It's Pro Style but I use it as pass setting up the run. I was never satisfied with the backs I recruited and ended up throwing a lot anyway.

I like Pro playbooks with emphasis on the pass.

Just started a Dynasty with Navy, first time ever running this offense.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Im playing against Maryland right now with the Triple Option, its lovely! Oh my I should have been ran this offense.

Edit: I didnt realize they had no Shot Gun plays. So man oh man are the first two downs critical for me. Wont be quick striking anyone with this playbook. I really have to sit down and pay attention to what I'm doing. Field position is everything. But this is my first time ever with it, so I have to go thru trial and error and see what can be done.

I also see that I'm going to need really fast WRs and RBs that can catch as well as run. I see a few pass plays I can use. But the time is very limited. Throwing from under center a lot is really hard to do.

But I'm having a ton of fun.

Last edited by Souchiro; 12-03-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souchiro
Try using a One back scheme.

My favorite Playbook is Michigan States's (ugh, I fkn hate Sparty too).

It's Pro Style but I use it as pass setting up the run. I was never satisfied with the backs I recruited and ended up throwing a lot anyway.

I like Pro playbooks with emphasis on the pass.

Just started a Dynasty with Navy, first time ever running this offense.
Ditto. I love this playbook....no matter how many other playbooks I try, I always come back to this one.

I use modified SECelite's AA sliders and unless I use a pro style playbook, I cant run against the D.

This playbook is great because of so many different I formations and the only playbook with the Maryland I. I also have a QB with a speed rating of 90 and 2 fast RB's....there is a few spread read options in the shotgun formations of this playbook, but I rarely use them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

If your looking for spread/read option help read my guide in my signature. Has good playbooks included also.
NCAAB:West Virginia
MLB: Texas Rangers
Old 12-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #7
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

USF is worth looking at. It's a spread offense that works well running and passing. It's got some great formations, and there's even a pistol formation thrown in. Split offset is good because you can audible to a triple option using the formation audibles and I use formation subs to have 2 RBs instead of a FB.

Also, if the defense lines up in man a lot the 4/5 WR shotgun formations make it really easy to get some yards with a quick QB.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #8
Rookie

UF wasn't quite for me, Mississippi state is looking good though. Will have a look Michigan tonight. Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »