Home

"Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic

This is a discussion on "Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #73
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: "Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic

Hell it is a lot of teams to do......that takes time.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #74
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Hey skillz, great find on those old blogs from EA. It's almost like the NCAA team was telling us the game had issues without really telling us that. We all missed those little things. I remember reading a Q&A Ian had for Madden 11 and someone asked about what was new for the franchise mode. Ian responded by saying the mode didn't see a ton of work and that change would come in Madden 12. He also said that Madden 11 was just Madden 10 with some fixes and "Gameflow" added. I wish I could find where he said that but I could not remember where I saw it. It's like they told us but we just missed it.
This is why we have to have the ability to fully edit players inside dyansty mode. It took Ian 10 minutes to do for Madden becasue it is already in the game. I know it's in NCAA they just need to call Ian up to find out what they did for Madden and do it for NCAA.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 19

Here is the issue that's driving the recruit ratings problem.

Live Tuning Pack 3
Thanks for the introduction, Russ. The most obvious adjustment is that the recruits are now in line with the freshmen on the default rosters. This allows for progression in line to our original objectives, without creating too many high rated players in the first three years or, conversely, too few in later years of dynasty.

We know that the default rosters Fr ratings are off/too high, that's why the recruits are being created along the same lines.

So I've decided to delete the Tuner update and see how much of a difference things will be with the current roster adjustments that have been done.

I'll report back my findings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #76
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Almost finished with the complete 360 set. Hope to have them up this evening. Sorry for the delay.
Wow thanks a lot. Im sure thats very tedious.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #77
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Another key reason why scrambling QB's can't get off. Way too many DE's in the game have speed in the 80s with acceleration in the 80s. Where as majority of the QB's have speed in the 70s and low 80s with low acceleration.

Combine that with the defensive line as whole is a plus 10 or more faster then the offensive line across the board. The fastest offensive line man I seen was 74 speed, but on average they are high 60s and maybe 70.

Fastest DE I seen had 88 speed. Problem with that is that I must have seen 50 of those guys with 88 speed. And on average they are at 80 to 85 speed. Damn near every school have a speed pash rusher for LE and RE with a speed in the 80s.
D-Lineman in this game are way to fast as a whole. That combined with the CPU's abuse of the swim-move, which is the fastest way for a DT to the QB, make it impossible to run consistently w/o jacking up the sliders in favor of the Human controlled team. You do this in an Online Dynasty with other people and what you will get is power-based running teams rushing for ridiculous #'s.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #78
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

That is pretty much why I am a fan of editing the players instead of the sliders. Sliders just takes a blanket approach to everything but really don't do anything for individual player behaviour AI issues.

They really need to eliminate throwing out of the sack all together. Ever since they added that it has been issues ever since.

I mean at least in Madden 11 if you put the cpu pass block at 100 and you get pressure on the QB, he will actually take off and scramble. And that is just in play now games.

NCAA really dropped the ball with community interaction and tuner updates. I will give Ian credit, as much as people bash him and Madden, he is still INVOLVED with the community on damn near a weekly basis still in December.

And with every roster update, they also been tweaking the AI logic as well. Because I noticed now their QB's are a lot more agile and mobile now then they were back in August.

NCAA hasn't had a live chat since May. Haven't been on this website since August or September.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #79
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewie12
Now what if EA had actual sliders for every player attribute in the game?

Eureka?
Whether they do or not, they could drop another patch and at least make the "play recognition" rating matter less, overall.

I wish they would, but it's almost too late.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #80
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action

One of the devs posted a blog today, he played as the service academy schools against one another on all american. Go look at the stats of the cpu QB rushing......POOR.

But yet he didn't seem to find a problem with it. Even more shocking is the fact he didn't know the service academy school ran the option attack.....SMH

Quote:
One thing that I learned quickly in this first game is that the three service academies featured in NCAA Football 11 are built towards the option run scheme.

NCAA Dev Brian Parker Dec 7th 2010
You got to be kidding me......This would explain why things are the way they are. They don't know the schools and what they run. So therefore if you don't even know what kind of style a school runs, then no way in the world can you know how to make that style run correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »