Home

"Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic

This is a discussion on "Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: "Play Recognition" how it effects the the cpu QB scramble logic

mtoo... R u just relating the prc for the defensive players or r u doing other adjustments as well ? I got thru the pac 10 tonight and played a few games and was thoroughly impressed w some of the crashes I saw happen.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #58
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
4:39
[Comment From pitt fan1pitt fan1: ]
will running qbs become too effective this year with locomotion?
Wednesday April 14, 2010 4:39 pitt fan1

4:40
NCAA Football Dev Team:
Defensive linemen with good acceleration are better at stopping mobile QBs. Last year since speed was all powerful, fast quarterbacks could get away from defensive linemen too easily. It's definitely on our radar as a potential problem and we are making sure that there are counters for mobile QBs (telling your ends to contain, assigning a spy, etc)
Another key reason why scrambling QB's can't get off. Way too many DE's in the game have speed in the 80s with acceleration in the 80s. Where as majority of the QB's have speed in the 70s and low 80s with low acceleration.

Combine that with the defensive line as whole is a plus 10 or more faster then the offensive line across the board. The fastest offensive line man I seen was 74 speed, but on average they are high 60s and maybe 70.

Fastest DE I seen had 88 speed. Problem with that is that I must have seen 50 of those guys with 88 speed. And on average they are at 80 to 85 speed. Damn near every school have a speed pash rusher for LE and RE with a speed in the 80s.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 19

Well, using Pocketscout's app, AWR is starting to come in on the high side for Fr TE's (65-75) which will kill the pecking order for passing as the dynasty progresses.

I just don't understand why they sold Tuner sets as something special, when they've followed the same release pattern as Updates. I thought they would be something utilized to enhance the game further (months) pass the released date as new things are made aware. As usual, the community gets the lastest marketing spin to draw interest, then we're left with a frustrating game that's a few things away from a really good game.

Only 4 Tuner sets have been released to date and each has caused greater problems than before with no feedback from Dev's on how things are going.

Point blank, we really need to find a work-around for the digital signature on roster saves, that we could utilize app's like Pocketscout's to fix rosters/ratings.

**Well Ian is thinking about opening editing features up for Madden 12 (I'll believe it when I see it) so that means NCAA might allow gamers similiar capabilities in 2 yrs since NCAA usually gets Madden's prior years features.

Just venting because we've been doing this song and dance with EA on their sports games for these expensive consoles since '06.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #60
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Well Tuner Sets "could" be useful if they did it the way NHL series handle theirs. In the fact they have each one independent of each other. So if it is a specific tuner you don't like, you can just delete that particular one.

In NCAA 11 that isn't the case, each tuner simply over wrote the last tuner and you can't have one without the other because they made them all dependent on each other.

NCAA 11 to me seem totally fear driven. For some reason they were so afraid people would say the spread offense was so good, scrambling QB's were so good they totally killed it with their Day 1 title update.

I miss the days of NCAA 06 were the cpu QB ran for yards without haven't to edit anything. It was already in their DNA to do so.

Came this generation, this is their what 3rd game for the 360 now ? And they still don't have it working yet. No excuse with all the ram and processing power the 360 and PS3 have.

So yeah depending on the depth of your school, you will only get 3 to 5 years max before the dynasty start to resort back to it's original messed up DNA since you can't edit rosters in dynasty, which in itself is weird.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:39 PM   #61
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

about 30 teams left. These will be for xbox360. and just the Defense re-rates for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2010, 03:05 AM   #62
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Ok new additional discovery. For some reason I have noticed from looking at rosters is that for the option teams, spread teams, pistol teams their offensive line is slow as hell. Most of them blocking is good but if it isn't then yeah you will want to raise their run block to 90.

Far as raising the Run Block Strength or Run Block Footwork to 90, I say look at the weight of the player. If they below 300 pounds then use footwork.

How fast you might ask to make the line men ? Well from doing a simple sort of all the individual offensive linemen by position, the fastest I seen was 85 to 88 across the board. And that pretty much all from one school too, Middle Tennessee State, I thought holy crap that school has a fast line.

Once again linemen under 300, 80 speed, linemen over 300 pounds give them 70 to 75.

This will give them an even field going against the defensive line because the whole dline 70 to 88 speed across the board. What is even worse is a lot of them have above 90 acceleration too.

Which brings me back to the oline, make sure their acceleration is in the 90s too. And their awareness level at 85. What this will do is get them in position better and more importantly faster. Because by default they were pulling too damn slow.

Ironic only the option, spread and pistol teams had slow and dumb lineman.

When I looked at the pro, air raid, run n shoot, single back and multiple teams their offensive line stats were way better by default.

For option teams you going to want to apply the same ratings for their full backs, because full backs play a huge role in the option when it comes to blocking.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 6

I am working on a ps3 set. Currently just dropping the prc for dline, lb, and safeties. I am waiting to see what other findings come up.

Skillz... What ratings do u have for newton and Richardson. I can't get them to rush more then 500 yds a season yet.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #64
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Ok new additional discovery. For some reason I have noticed from looking at rosters is that for the option teams, spread teams, pistol teams their offensive line is slow as hell. Most of them blocking is good but if it isn't then yeah you will want to raise their run block to 90.

Far as raising the Run Block Strength or Run Block Footwork to 90, I say look at the weight of the player. If they below 300 pounds then use footwork.

How fast you might ask to make the line men ? Well from doing a simple sort of all the individual offensive linemen by position, the fastest I seen was 85 to 88 across the board. And that pretty much all from one school too, Middle Tennessee State, I thought holy crap that school has a fast line.

Once again linemen under 300, 80 speed, linemen over 300 pounds give them 70 to 75.

This will give them an even field going against the defensive line because the whole dline 70 to 88 speed across the board. What is even worse is a lot of them have above 90 acceleration too.

Which brings me back to the oline, make sure their acceleration is in the 90s too. And their awareness level at 85. What this will do is get them in position better and more importantly faster. Because by default they were pulling too damn slow.

Ironic only the option, spread and pistol teams had slow and dumb lineman.

When I looked at the pro, air raid, run n shoot, single back and multiple teams their offensive line stats were way better by default.

For option teams you going to want to apply the same ratings for their full backs, because full backs play a huge role in the option when it comes to blocking.
Option teams need high blocking footwork ratings from the HB and FB positions, similar to an average OL.

The problem is that the prospect classes don't generate such players at HB, barely generate any at FB, and the CPU teams do a terrible job at selecting talent based on scheme/philosophy/playbook.

I appreciate the work you're putting in, but the effort is only going to matter in the first 2 years or so of a dynasty. After that, EA will destroy any hard work you've done with their typical incompetence.

It's really a shame that these guys couldn't catch such common sense things and it will be a greater shame when they over-react to the opposite side of the spectrum next year as they always do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »