Home

Bitten by the injury bug

This is a discussion on Bitten by the injury bug within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2
Bitten by the injury bug

And I love it!

A few games ago I lost my #2 QB who also happened to be my #2 ball carrier for 4 weeks. I figured I could run a little more with my backup HB and FB to carry the load. The next game was a barn burner against Penn St. that my tough Purdue squad would eventually lose. I lose my big play WR O.J. Ross for the next 4 weeks. Again, I have decent depth at WR so I figure I can manage.

The next game against Wisconsin, I lose my backup HB for the next 8 weeks to a gruesome tailbone injury. My running QB is still out, so I figure I just have to use HB #3 and my FB a little more to run the ball. The most recent game I played against Ohio St., my senior starter Al-Terek McBurse was lost probably for the season with a strained back.

I ended up finishing the game with my #3 and #4 HBs carrying the load. I play Illinois next followed by the Old Oaken Bucket game against IU the following week. I'll get my bruiser of a running QB back (he's 6'5 260) and also O.J. Ross back. If I lose either of my remaining healthy HBs, I may have to burn the redshirt on one or both of the HBs I just recruited. The guys I have carrying the ball in my next couple games are career backups that have just sat on the roster for the entire dynasty and rarely been in the spotlight. Now it seems like their time to shine. One of them is a senior who has never started a game and the other is a junior who has gone up by about 10-12 overall since the start of the dynasty.

I actually love how I have a real pressing injury issue. The first couple years a guy or two may get hurt but never enough for me to really worry about depth. Now I'm one nagging groin pull away from having to burn a redshirt on a guy in the 11th game of the season. All this with a possible Rose Bowl berth on the line the next couple weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Bitten by the injury bug

Indeed.

I'm playing with Navy. First time with the Triple O.

I'm trying to run it the best way I can.

First game of the year, in year 1, Ricky Dobbs is injured for 3 Weeks. In my fourth game I get him back. Scramble once with him, and down he goes for a another 4 Weeks.

I have no idea why this is, I mean I'm doing what Ricky does, which is run. And man, he goes down like a ordinary QB.

I have him back now, seeing as I'm in week 10. But I see why the AI took him out. I run all over them when he's back there. Going to be tough when he leaves. Although the backup isn't slow one bit, not as fast as Ricky, but he can get it done.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
Pro

blLLD0's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Bitten by the injury bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkysmooth
And I love it!
As a Purdue fan, I'd think you'd be sick of injuries...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »