Home

Looking for a team to use in Dynasty

This is a discussion on Looking for a team to use in Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Looking for a team to use in Dynasty

Hey, I want to come back and play some NCAA after playing Madden for a while, but I want to use a different team than the one I've been using (Rice). I'm looking for a few things in my new team, but I need help deciding who to use.

-I want a good, but not elite team. Nothing near as good as Alabama, Texas, Florida, or USC, but better than teams like Baylor or San Jose State.

-I want a team that can pull in some highly ranked recruits. I don't need to land a ton of 5* recruits every year, but I want to have a realistic shot at some guys in the ESPNU top 150. I also would like to be in or near one of the big 3 states (Texas, Florida, California), but that isn't as important.

-I want a team with a good run game, and hopefully a solid defense. I would take a solid run game over a good defense if I had to choose though.

-I would like to be in a decent conference, maybe one with an automatic BCS bowl bid.

Basically I want the exact opposite of Rice (poor team with no run game in a poor conference and no recruiting power). So far I've been thinking about either Oklahoma State or Nebraska, but I think they may be a little too good.

Last edited by Dianwei32; 12-04-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Rookie

alemic's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Looking for a team to use in Dynasty

I dunno if you mind playing in the Big 10 but Michigan State is a well balanced team that is just on the brink of greatness. Finish with a solid first season, and your right there with all the elite schools.
9-4 Sun Belt Champs
Old 12-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Houndy's Arena

OVR: 8

SMU is a good team to use
Old 12-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
CTP
Rookie

OVR: 1

try Michigan State, Arkansas, Washington, or Texas Tech.

I wanted to use a team like ur wanting to use. i chose Illinois, im currently in year 5, and just won my first National Championship the year before. I started off with a couple 4 stars and about 15 3 stars. I had 2 losses my first year(to Ohio State and Wisconsin), then only 1 in my 2nd year(Wisconsin). They are a 3 star team to start off, i've gotten them to a 6 star team now. im getting about 5 5 stars and 10 4 stars.

Michigan State has 2 or 3 good sophomore RB's and an amazing LB core.

Arkansas has Mallett and a young RB and WR core.

Washington has Locker, a good RB(Chris Polk), and a good pass defense led by Desmond Trufant(So. CB) and Nate Williams(Sr. S)

Texas Tech would be my choise out of these teams. Taylor Potts, Baron Batch, Detron Lewis, and they are a great state to recruit in. the only setback is there are a ton of seniors that start on both offense and defense.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndy
SMU is a good team to use
The main reason I would not want to use SMU would be because they are stuck in C-USA like Rice. I once played a Dynasty in which I had 4 straight undefeated seasons with Rice and never got invited to a better conference, but I was still attracting better recruits. The recruits that wanted to come to my school started to be interested more in football-based issues like National Exposue (D+), Championship Contender (C-), and Conference Prestige (C+), but I never got invited into a better conference so I could never improve those pitches.

Another thing I was thinking about doing was playing with a team that used to be great and trying to rebuild them up to their former glory. My main candidates there would be Notre Dame or Penn State, maybe even Miami.

Last edited by Dianwei32; 12-04-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2010, 09:07 PM   #6
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Arkansas is a really solid team to use out of the SEC.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

South Carolina.

They are young; on both sides of the ball too. You have beasts in guys like Lattimore and Jeffery. They also, can bring in some decent recruits, and it's always an adventure playing in the SEC. However, after 3 years, they won't have much unless you recruit some gems.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:24 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

Pac 10 try Stanford, Cal. Cal is a power running team and their pipeline states and Texas is their extra pipeline state

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »