Home

Best spread playbook for this recruit?

This is a discussion on Best spread playbook for this recruit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

OVR: 3
Best spread playbook for this recruit?

I recruited a QB with rediculas speed, so I want to utilize his strengths. I have mastered the spread offense with great success (read my spread option guide),but im too lazy to look through every playbook. Which playbook in your opinion is the best for a Denard Robinson type player?
NCAAB:West Virginia
MLB: Texas Rangers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Best spread playbook for this recruit?

Mississippi State. It's hands down the most dual-threat qb friendly playbook IMO. Lots of great QB designed runs, good option reads in every formation, goalline is the wishbone (can I get a hell yah?), and lots of nice passing plays... the quick audibles are especially nice with the style of offense you run. The Tebow formation is especially nice and there's another version of the wildcat in it that seems to work soooooooo much better than the standard wildcat.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

Thanks for the reference to my offense, guessing you read my guide? Haha. But yeah, I've noticed Mississippi state has been the most benificial for me, having every little thing I need to come out with a win. The wildcat you where talking about is wildcat spread, and I agree, makes regular wildcat look as bad as Tom Brady's haircut.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

hell yeah I read your guide. I've pointed others to it. They don't believe the spread option can be run, and well, they're flat wrong. You just have to take what the defense gives you and not try and get a certain set of stats for everyone.

I've been doing a LOT of the flex formations using the FB (or 2 TE) lately. My QB is a converted CB who had decent arm str/accuracy, but unless he gets hot early, he badly overthrows receivers even on slants (I use 5 QB acc slider), so the whole spread 'em and audible is killing me lately. I can run steadily against pretty much any front when I've got 7 guys blocking for my QB and HB.

My favorite formation there (when I do have a QB who can throw) is actually the Y-Trips. So many good passing plays there in addition to the good running plays. The Read Option is really nice, too, as your QB ends up running behind the TE.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

My favorites are:
1. Miss. St. - Great QB designed runs, options (read/speed/WR motion) in almost every formation. I'm a run first guy and MSU is by far the best running (both QB and HB) spread pb out there. It has the most wing formations, most HB dives, and 2nd most HB dives as formation audibles. The only thing this lacks are good setup plays (Florida's is superior here) and under center formations (but at least there's an ace formation this year)
2. Oregon - Very close to MSU, but lack of HB dives and as many QB designed runs puts it lower in my book, but I can run like crazy with this pb.
3. ULM/Louisville - This is for when I want to throw more than I do with MSU or Oregon. When my QB has a nice arm to go with his legs, this is a nice pb for him.
4. Tulsa/Auburn - Still nice spread running pb with more under center choices.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #6
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashamael
hell yeah I read your guide. I've pointed others to it. They don't believe the spread option can be run, and well, they're flat wrong. You just have to take what the defense gives you and not try and get a certain set of stats for everyone.

I've been doing a LOT of the flex formations using the FB (or 2 TE) lately. My QB is a converted CB who had decent arm str/accuracy, but unless he gets hot early, he badly overthrows receivers even on slants (I use 5 QB acc slider), so the whole spread 'em and audible is killing me lately. I can run steadily against pretty much any front when I've got 7 guys blocking for my QB and HB.

My favorite formation there (when I do have a QB who can throw) is actually the Y-Trips. So many good passing plays there in addition to the good running plays. The Read Option is really nice, too, as your QB ends up running behind the TE.
Ya the spread option cant be run yet both teams in the BCS championship are... oh ya AUBURN and OREGON. As long as sliders are used, anything is possible. EA did terrible with zone blocking. And thanks for pointing out my guide I feel like it should of been read more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »