Home

Looking For a New Team

This is a discussion on Looking For a New Team within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #9
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Looking For a New Team

When I moved USF into the SEC one of my goals was 'finish top 3 in SEC'. Haha! I was 2-2 after the first 4 games and realized that was already a pipe dream. One of my other goals was 'beat LSU'. That didn't happen, so it changed to 'beat Georgia' which I was able to pull off because their starting QB and RB were injured.

I use SECelites AA sliders, and USF is a good team, but the SEC is stiff competition. It's one of the most fun dynasties I've had so far and I've done lots of different types of dynasties.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #10
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

SEC is pretty much similar to the real life, upsets can happen at anytime. In two separate years an unranked teamp upset my #1/#2 LSU Squad.

Right now i'm gonna start over with LSU(just started over another one after awhile but i'm so sick and tired of Jefferson and Lee), add Mettenberger to the team(just gotta figure realistic ratings for him) I want to change from the multpile O that just throws all kinds of formations at you to a Texas Tech type O where i can put my good WRs currently and future recruits to use and just run out of shotgun
Old 12-07-2010, 12:27 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Im a cal fan and always play with them. with a couple roster edits they are a very fun team to play with. A couple of freshman are really low rated and they are actually very good players. QB Austin Hinder is actually fast in real life and resembles a sccrambling QB unlike the games version of himm. And Keenan Allen was recruited as a WR but was the #2 safety in the country as well so make his DB ratings good and hes also a speed demon and very elusive. Also RB Isi Sofele is a burner hes small but fast at least a 94 speed and 95 acc.Steve Williams a Redshirt Freshman CB is also a burner he ran a 4.35 40 in highschool so at least a 96 speed for him. with these edits Cal is a really fun team to play with
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti_2009
I like doing this but you have to be committed. Because ur first year and even second year u will struggle with recruits.

You will notice a HUGE difference going between Ohio state and a 1 2 or 3 star program. For me, it was a bigger difference going from Nebraska to SMU then it was going from Varisty default sliders to SECelites AA sliders. You just have to really play to your players strengths and start from the bottom to recruit for what you want.
Completely agree with you. THis is my eyes is what makes the Dynasty fun and gives it some legs. I started with UCONN initally and played 3 seasons but just couldnt win the Big East. I have now started with UNLV and this is going to be some work. Just got SMOKED by Wisconsin in my first game.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I started out with Army this last time around. Here is the reason why they are fun to play.

1.) They run an option team but it is easy to transition to a spread. They have a great QB who ends up in the high 80's overall in his SR season.

2.) Their recruiting area is pretty easy. The NY area makes it pretty easy to snag 3star recruits plus they start with a pipeline that includes Florida, Texas, California and New York. I added PA right away and it was easy to get lots of good players.

3.) They have a few other good recruiting helpers. They start with an "A" in program tradition and a "B" for fan base which helps a 1 star team when recruiting.

4.) They are an independent team which makes it easy to customize your schedule to play to your level players. Also makes it fun to change divisions every couple of years.

Hope this helps.
Enjoy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »