Home

blitzing the qb

This is a discussion on blitzing the qb within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2
blitzing the qb

whens a good time to put pressure on the quaterback. i guess im not good at it cause i never get sacks. the quarterback ALWAYS get rid of the ball to a man in the flat or a running back... right before i get to him or he will throw into coverage..... ill be lucky if i get 1 sack per game. maybe 2 at the most. and it sometime be on a screen pass. someone help me out. how to sack the quaterback. im using a 4-3. but my defense is A+ rated which is better than all teams i faced so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: blitzing the qb

You using any sliders?
Old 12-08-2010, 12:13 AM   #3
Rookie

IanTheRod's Arena

OVR: 0

I just played a dynasty with SMU on default All American...i line up with the LE (right side of the field) and I run to the right and use the right analog stick down to swim move. I've gotten 7 sacks in one game with him, and i think 24 on the season. Most of the time I'll hit the QB right before he throws the ball but a good amount of the time I get the sack. Try that. I hope it isn't considered cheesing though
Old 12-08-2010, 12:30 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanTheRod
I just played a dynasty with SMU on default All American...i line up with the LE (right side of the field) and I run to the right and use the right analog stick down to swim move. I've gotten 7 sacks in one game with him, and i think 24 on the season. Most of the time I'll hit the QB right before he throws the ball but a good amount of the time I get the sack. Try that. I hope it isn't considered cheesing though
I wouldn't call it cheesing, but if I was dominating that much I might bump the sliders a bit.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm with you man. If my d-line gets 3 sacks a game it's been a good day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 08:31 AM   #6
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

I run a 3-4 defense rated C+ and my strong point is definitely coverage, not sacks, but defensive style helps get sacks.

I usually come out in the 2-4-5 running single high safety with a linebacker covering the middle of the field. If I can get them to 3rd and long, I'll sometimes blitz if I've pushed them back behind the chains. Otherwise, I come out in 3-3-5 man and cover the middle of the field. Coverage here is really important, because it usually results in a "coverage sack" if done properly.

This plan works great unless I'm playing a top tier QB, because I can rarely get them in a 3rd and long situation.

The important thing to remember is to be careful blitzing if they might be running the ball. I learned the hard way, if they have a good RB, he could easily slip through the blitz and take it for 6.

Also, I play with SECelite's sliders. QB accuracy is turned down to 15 for human and CPU to get rid of "robo QB".
Old 12-08-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
Rookie

I would say that 2-3 sacks is a good day for any defense anywhere. Are you looking for 7-8 sacks?
Old 12-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #8
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebmf044
I would say that 2-3 sacks is a good day for any defense anywhere. Are you looking for 7-8 sacks?
Yeah that's another thing, you can't expect to get lots of sacks every game. Some games you just won't be able to get to the QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »