Home

Glitch or not?

This is a discussion on Glitch or not? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Glitch or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyeagle
Whoa there mike. We are all pretty much saying that you're making this a really big deal when it doesn't need to be.

What I would do if I were you is poll the rest of the league and ask them what they think. It's not up to us, it's up to them. If they decide it is a glitch and the player should be cut after the season, then you can make a permanent rule that says so. If not, just let it slide.
Sorry but I am just frustrated that most people, including you, are not actually answering the main question. Is this a glitch or not?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekim21
Sorry but I am just frustrated that most people, including you, are not actually answering the main question. Is this a glitch or not?
Since no one else has seen it, it looks like it cant be determined if it is a glitch or not. Unless you can prove it was a glitch then he should keep his player. Just because you have never seen it before does not mean the huge progession isnt possible.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:52 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Here's a request. Go to your dynasty, go to edit roster, then search by ALL TEAMS. Notice how the only attribute that progress in season is awareness. Out of 8000+ players, does any player go up in a non awareness attribute? Now multiply that 8000 by 15 for the weeks in the season. That is a pretty damn large sample size we are talking about. We are talking about a 1 in a 125,000 chance, more if you count multiple seasons.

We aren't talking about 1 freak week, he consistently went up every week (and is still going up) in all the main categories, not just awareness.

Last edited by mikekim21; 12-10-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #20
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I've seen non-awareness ratings go up, I've seen WRs gain a point in catch.

I've never seen a player gain more than one point in any category in a week though(and definitely not more than +1 to overall in a week). going from 74 to 99 overall with only in-season progression definitely seems to be a glitch of some sorts. in-season progression is only supposed to be a slight change, meaning 1-3 points max in a given year. the bulk of a players progression is supposed to come in the off-season, even then, gaining 25 points of overall in one season is not how it's "designed" to be done.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 12-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #21
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekim21
Here's a request. Go to your dynasty, go to edit roster, then search by ALL TEAMS. Notice how the only attribute that progress in season is awareness. Out of 8000+ players, does any player go up in a non awareness attribute? Now multiply that 8000 by 15 for the weeks in the season. That is a pretty damn large sample size we are talking about. We are talking about a 1 in a 125,000 chance, more if you count multiple seasons.

We aren't talking about 1 freak week, he consistently went up every week (and is still going up) in all the main categories, not just awareness.
Every person here has said that they haven't seen it. But usually glitches pop up more than once in the entire time the game has been out. Odds are, it's a glitch. Or he just got some guy who, when the recruits were generated, instead of having 99 potential, it was accidentally input as 999 by EA.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #22
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozer2312
I have a Freshman QB who started the season resshirting but started my second game because of injury. He was an ovr 74 and as the season progressed he would go up in many categories and he is now a 99 ovr. The guy who runs the league wants me to drop him because he says it has to be a glitch.

Anyone ever have this happen or hear of a glitch like this? I checked ea website and other websites but could not find anything regarding a glitch like this.
To the OP - What are this guys season stats? Perhaps that can help everyone decide on whether this might be a glitch or just a freak of nature college player.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 17

Maybe I can be of some help....I have seen this in last years game....it always happened when you redshirted a player....and ended up removing the redshirt and playing that player....it is a glitch in my estimation...because in last seasons instance, the player ended up retaining his Freshman year while accumulating stats....so he started as a redshirt, burned redshirt....played the guy...accumulated stats....the next season he was a RS-FR...instead of a SO....and progressed to 99 in like every category.....ps we let him keep the player...but it was obviously a glitch.....we instituted a rule...that if you redshirt a guy...he must remain redshirted...I would have no doubt EA didn't address this from last years game
Old 12-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #24
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3

Is it possible to view your league? If so, please post your league name, would love to have a look at this guy.

In any event, yeah, it's probably a glitch. But it's a pretty cool one. It's basically like a team signing a guy that is under rated, then he somehow comes in and just blows up. Kind of like Luke Kuechly at BC last year. That dude was a lowly rated recruit, gets in there and is a freaking monster linebacker, had like 140 tackles as a Freshmen. That's sick, and he just kept getting better. Had 30 more tackles than anybody else this year. I know that's not generally how things work in the game, guys come in rated what they do, and only gain a little through the year. It is kind of like a player in the Legend mode where you can gain a lot through a year. Definitely weird, but things like that are too cool to just throw away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »