Home

Glitch or not?

This is a discussion on Glitch or not? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #25
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Glitch or not?

Even though Cam Newton isn't a freshman, he has improved a great deal in one season. If real life had a rating system like NCAA Football 11 he might have started out as a 75 or 76 rated guy then progressed into the 99 overall guy that he is today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 11:05 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 17

it only happens when you remove a redshirt midseason though.....so its not cool...and it has been in the game 2 years in a row...its a glitch
Old 08-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #27
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAnguish
I'm not gonna say its a glitch, nor am I gonna say you should drop him... but I will say that that is pretty peculiar. The game does have some really odd default ratings (like Robert Griffin from Baylor is WAY too high as a young QB) so its not impossible to have a highly rated young passer...

I guess the main question is: what kind of dynasty is it (powerhouse, 2 star etc....)... because if other teams have QBs in the same range I would say you lucked out.

I guess the biggest thing is if you have to cut him because he progressed 'too much', then you guys will have to start monitoring all player progression... and determine what makes it 'too much'... is it because he's a 99 or because he went up 25 points in one year? What determines 'too much'...? That may become a slippery slope you don't want to go down.
Was searching for some info to see how someone is glitching in my OD and came across this and cracked up when I read the RGIII line...LOL...is he still overrated...LOL
Old 08-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekim21
I am the guy who runs the league.

I've played about 5-10 seasons worth of dynasties and have consistently monitored all the teams. No player has EVER gone up more than 1 point in a given week during the regular season. Yet this player has gone up 3-4 overall points EVERY week until he got from a 70something to a 99, and he's still going up.

If you look at in season progression, the only attribute that goes up is Awareness. This player goes up in awareness, speed, agility, throwing power/accuracy.

How can this be possible?

I'm not accusing him of cheating. All I am saying is that this was a glitch that should NOT have happened. Therefore, I told him he could use the player the rest of the season but he had to cut him next offseason.
Yeah I don't know what I would do if that happened in ky league but it is obviously some sort of glitch or accelerator.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #29
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

Perhaps the 74 was the glitch? With the new scouting feature, I've seen players go up +8 in scouting, but as with everything EA who knows if/what/where the limit is ?

You also don't mention the use of any timesavers ... perhaps the op has the Uber training Time saver and it is affecting the progression as well ?

Syd Burnz
Old 08-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #30
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2
If it is a glitch and you make him get rid of the player. By that rule if the game glitches in your favor while your playing you should have to forfiet that game as a loss.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #31
Pro

cptnclutch28's Arena

OVR: 4
I've seen as much as a plus 11 for a guy this year. Just curious how this topic came back after being dead for two years

Season 12: Buffalo Bills
12-4

Crew Bowl XII Champions

Season 13: Buffalo Bills
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #32
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

best necro ever

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »