Home

New Heisman Recruiting Bible Part 2 CALL STRATEGIES

This is a discussion on New Heisman Recruiting Bible Part 2 CALL STRATEGIES within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: New Heisman Recruiting Bible Part 2 CALL STRATEGIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman41
That's good to hear, I haven't used the auto-calls that much yet, might start using it a bit more to save on time. Another thing that I do is I try to schedule visits for the recruits I'm behind on a bit later - it gives me time to make up ground and hopefully use the visit to really put me on top, you know. Recruiting is a tricky thing though, I must say, still haven't mastered it by any means.
I do pretty well w/ recruiting (course, having a 6* program certiainly isn't hurting me), and I keep reading about scheduling visits for late in the season. Even the CPU does this. So this season I went against my grain on just a couple of recruits and all three of them committed to someone else before getting to my visit week -- the last one went to Bama the WEEK he was supposed to come in and see me play them at home, which was why I picked him to experiment with (knew up front he was also high on them).
Losing 3 in one season to this concept while losing maybe that same # in 10 seasons by scheduling early only to lose ground to someone else's late visit has me thinking I'll not schedule past ~ wk 9 from now own, unless circumstances necessitate it.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
I do pretty well w/ recruiting (course, having a 6* program certiainly isn't hurting me), and I keep reading about scheduling visits for late in the season. Even the CPU does this. So this season I went against my grain on just a couple of recruits and all three of them committed to someone else before getting to my visit week -- the last one went to Bama the WEEK he was supposed to come in and see me play them at home, which was why I picked him to experiment with (knew up front he was also high on them).
Losing 3 in one season to this concept while losing maybe that same # in 10 seasons by scheduling early only to lose ground to someone else's late visit has me thinking I'll not schedule past ~ wk 9 from now own, unless circumstances necessitate it.
Yeah I don't schedule past then, roughly, but I try to give myself time. I don't know if it works or not, just my general feeling, you know. The guys I'm #1 on I try to get in, get out, as soon as possible.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:16 AM   #11
Rookie

booyagadget's Arena

OVR: 2

Yup, I agree. Huge bonus for guys that you sign early because of the "cost savings" later. At this point, I don't see any benefit to scheduling a late visit. Either it happened because he's a new player that you added to backfill, or he's a slow mover that you can wait until your Rivalry game to seal the deal...

So, not much benefit to scheduling late, but there is the potential bonus of catching a player on an instant-sign if you schedule early, plus you reduce the risk of getting bypassed for a late visit. Early Signees and instant-signs are the Recruiting Grail in my opinion. That and guys you sign after the regular season, hidden gold mine sometimes.. I'll cover that in part 3

** edit... One factor i'm not sure about is if their is a negative impact to offering to too many recruits of a single position... ** this could impact early offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman41
Yeah I don't schedule past then, roughly, but I try to give myself time. I don't know if it works or not, just my general feeling, you know. The guys I'm #1 on I try to get in, get out, as soon as possible.

Last edited by booyagadget; 12-11-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »