Home

OS Radio Show TONIGHT! -- W/Ben Haumiller of the NCAA 11 team!

This is a discussion on OS Radio Show TONIGHT! -- W/Ben Haumiller of the NCAA 11 team! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OS Radio Show TONIGHT! -- W/Ben Haumiller of the NCAA 11 team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Oh yeah NCAA players aren't allowed to have individual player tendancies a la NBA 2k11....So that is not going to happen.

Dynasty mode is their main focus for NCAA 12, which was their main focus for NCAA 11, NCAA 10 and NCAA 09 as well. That mode is their cash cow basically.

Working on having Online Dynasty completely server based sometime in the future. (My take probably around NCAA 13 or NCAA 14)

Time constraints....
Disc constraints.....

Don't know what happened to the show, it completely cut off at 9:40pm, I couldn't hear anybody at all and the room just completely froze.
I wouldve loved to hear an explanation as to why they released a football game where Play Action doesnt work.

"I study film like a coach and listen like a rookie"

---Ray Lewis
Old 12-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Oh yeah NCAA players aren't allowed to have individual player tendancies a la NBA 2k11....So that is not going to happen.
Did they explain why such a limitation is placed on their game?

Also, this whole interaction with the community must be Marketing strategy to hook gamers, because if work is started during the season. Then they can't talk about the work after the season. Then talk about what's finalized during pre-season.
Then when/where are the gamer's desires discussed/included for next years release using this model?

The issue is not so much about the lack of info being released early, but that Gamer satisfaction is stated as being at the forefront when producing a game. Yet, they never, "Never", "NEVER" address most of the gameplay issues the community discovers, as it pertains to the next years release. There are still '08 issues occuring in the game 4 years later.

I can't believe he threw the Open Editor Community Suggestion in the "Down the Line" trash can so easily.
Every year the default rosters and in-game generated players ratings are so awful that they hinder gameplay greatly.
Even a simple global ratings editor like the one in NBA Live 10, would go a long way in the customer satisfaction department
(Your "Wrong" for requiring your gamers to edit Player-by-Player ratings for 120 schools to help improve your game)
(At least allow us to global edit Team-by-Team)
).

With the standard they've created with 2k11 basketball , I couldn't imagine what a College Football Game by 2k would look/play like without the limitations EA seems to always have placed upon them.

I know, I know.
"It's still way too early, so relax!"

Instead of hearing the usual "What we've done is....."

It would be nice to hear "What the community has asked for, is now...."

Last edited by khaliib; 12-15-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:35 AM   #19
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I am just assuming NCAA regulations that the player can't too closely resemble one particular person in college. So it might be that legal issue.

So from that standpoint if NCAA never going to get it, then Madden more then likely won't ever get it either. Since now they only make things that the other game can get either at the same time or the following year. It is cross coded and cross shared that way.

Ben said it himself. Somethings are exclusive to Madden for a year or two and somethings are exclusive to NCAA for a year or two, but in the end both going to end up using it. Therefore they don't ever make any thing that the other can't use the folllowing year.

With that in mind, I am ASSUMING in NCAA 12 they going to have more passer attributes like Madden has, you know the whole throw on the run, play action effectiveness, short throw accuracy, medium accuracy and deep throw accuracy.

That don't mean a hill of beans though if the AI still don't scramble and they can't operate the spread offense correctly.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:48 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

i am not trying to be negative, BUT it seems as if EA football is the only sports game where one of the consistent excuses for years have been issues of disc space and not alot of staff. I know art and audio take up alot of space, but it seems like last gen had more disc space.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:24 AM   #21
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
i am not trying to be negative, BUT it seems as if EA football is the only sports game where one of the consistent excuses for years have been issues of disc space and not alot of staff. I know art and audio take up alot of space, but it seems like last gen had more disc space.
the art/audio/videos didn't take up as much space in last-gen. it was lower resolution/quality back then.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 04:12 AM   #22
Rookie

gofresno's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Not trying to defend them, but I don't think any other sports game has to hold 120 teams with 70 man rosters, including all their stadiums in-depth + some bowl stadiums.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:12 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
I am just assuming NCAA regulations that the player can't too closely resemble one particular person in college. So it might be that legal issue.
I'm interning with a football program at a Major college. There's nothing established NCAA wise that deals with the likeness of a College Athlete. NCAA does not own the rights to the athletes, it only oversees the mandates established to protect "Amateurism" only. As a recruiter, it is a very touchy subject, but this issue has nothing to do with inclusion into a video game.

Also, if such was true, the NCAA could claim that the playbooks and Team Tendencies/Offenses encroach on the likeness of teams which are under the umbrella of their organization.
(Funny how they can include TEAM Tendencies, but not Position Tendencies. Just another one of those strange limitations that EA seems to have)

This is there choice for whatever the reason may be, but there is no standing to prevent ratings being established to have a fictional individual perform a certain way on a football video game. It's no different than how they classify QB's as Scrambling (your favorite subject) vs Pocket Passer or Run/Pass Block OL etc...

Again, it's their choice not to include, eventhough the community wants it and can use it to make the gaming experience better.

It's not too far fetched to think we will get Madden 11 with a NCAA jersey over it. To me, it's designed more to fit the College game.

I really believe the foundation which their game is built on, is just maxed out and EA just doesn't have the "Tot-tas" to create of a new foundation/engine.
That's why we still see the foundational pre-canned/chaining/looping going on.

oh, well
Back to an all-nighter for Biomechanics final tomorrow
Old 12-15-2010, 04:45 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofresno
Not trying to defend them, but I don't think any other sports game has to hold 120 teams with 70 man rosters, including all their stadiums in-depth + some bowl stadiums.
If they really wanted to, they could code/program the game to pull some things from the console hard drive. The consoles are PC's built specifically for gaming, so it can be done. It's just by having everyting on a disk, they're able to control/lock their product to prevent what was done to their PC (Madden) versions with 3rd party apps.

The data files could be kept on the console hard drive, then run all the visuals/animations off of the disk.

Also, Fifa (same company) negates this argument.
There might not be 70 players on a team, but there are over 120 teams though.

The other argument against this, is that they could shift that RTG over as DLC and utilize that space or
have most of the Audio downloaded as DLC (again pulling from the console hard drive) which allows greater expansion in this area (multiple broadcast groups, more lines to fit the action etc...)

NCAA Dev's...
Fifa even has the nerve to have player Tendencies in their game.

Again, they just want to limit the gamer to the editing features "They" want them to have.

Last edited by khaliib; 12-15-2010 at 04:58 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »