Home

Best way to stop Air Raid offense?

This is a discussion on Best way to stop Air Raid offense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #9
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Best way to stop Air Raid offense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pote14
Just played a guy online who used Missouri and he passed for 617 yards on me. Granted, I did win because his defensive play calling was the worst I've ever seen. Anyways, this guy was not good at all, ran maybe 5 different pass plays and only threw to 2 different receivers. But, regardless of coverage, playing the pass, keying a receiver to watch, etc, these guys were running wide open on my secondary. I was using Oregon who doesn't have an all-star secondary by any means but his players were running around WIDE OPEN every play. I tried, 2-4-5, 3-3-5, Dime, played Cover 4, 2-Man, 2-Man Press, 1-Man Press, nothing works. What is the best way to slow this down?
you have to understand the air raid offense, in a nutshell its west coast with an extreme spread out of the shotgun. so expect short horizontal crossing routes. the plays are designed to beat almost every coverage.

depending on the play, if you are in man he will throw the drag or slant, if you are in zone expect him to throw the dig, stick, or late comeback. once you understand the offense, you have show him something then bait him to throw it. it will make him read the play longer and might force a bad decision.

so for example, you line up in man, he audibles to mesh, you audible your backside de into hook zone and manually cover the otherside with your safety or olb. this will make him read the coverage different.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
you have to understand the air raid offense, in a nutshell its west coast with an extreme spread out of the shotgun. so expect short horizontal crossing routes. the plays are designed to beat almost every coverage.

depending on the play, if you are in man he will throw the drag or slant, if you are in zone expect him to throw the dig, stick, or late comeback. once you understand the offense, you have show him something then bait him to throw it. it will make him read the play longer and might force a bad decision.

so for example, you line up in man, he audibles to mesh, you audible your backside de into hook zone and manually cover the otherside with your safety or olb. this will make him read the coverage different.
is there a quick way to hot route defensive players? or do you have to cycle through to that specific player?
Old 12-18-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

nope you have to manually cycle and hot route each player, it really doesnt take that long once you get used to it. imo you should be hot routing every single play. you can create some very interesting blitzes as well as coverage looks from it. very effective vs cheesers, because they are so easy to read.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 11:28 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
nope you have to manually cycle and hot route each player, it really doesnt take that long once you get used to it. imo you should be hot routing every single play. you can create some very interesting blitzes as well as coverage looks from it. very effective vs cheesers, because they are so easy to read.
Interesting, I'll have to take a look at those hot routes. What are some that you have found to work the best?
Old 12-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #13
Rookie

Part of the problem is not just that man coverage is bad, but when crossing routes are coming from both sides of ball one of the defenders almost always get screened leaving a receiver running free. EA really needs to take a look at this issue because it happens too easily.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »