Home

Best way to stop Air Raid offense?

This is a discussion on Best way to stop Air Raid offense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Best way to stop Air Raid offense?

Just played a guy online who used Missouri and he passed for 617 yards on me. Granted, I did win because his defensive play calling was the worst I've ever seen. Anyways, this guy was not good at all, ran maybe 5 different pass plays and only threw to 2 different receivers. But, regardless of coverage, playing the pass, keying a receiver to watch, etc, these guys were running wide open on my secondary. I was using Oregon who doesn't have an all-star secondary by any means but his players were running around WIDE OPEN every play. I tried, 2-4-5, 3-3-5, Dime, played Cover 4, 2-Man, 2-Man Press, 1-Man Press, nothing works. What is the best way to slow this down?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Best way to stop Air Raid offense?

I don't play online but I can tell you I have similar struggles offline with QBs that just go nuts. It's unfortunate that you have to use base sliders online (I think) so you can't make adjustments. I say stick to mostly man coverages, zone pretty much never works for me. Mix in the some blitzes and just hope for the best.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
Banned

Packfan8's Arena

OVR: 1

Use the Run n' Shoot and have a shootout.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
Rookie

it was def a shootout, i use oklahoma's playbook i ended up winning 52-44.....stopping the run is never much of a problem but it seems like on this game there is no such thing as a shut down secondary
Old 12-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pote14
it was def a shootout, i use oklahoma's playbook i ended up winning 52-44.....stopping the run is never much of a problem but it seems like on this game there is no such thing as a shut down secondary
When the game first came out we all complained that the secondary was too powerful. So they made it to where a two year old can throw for 300 yards a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #6
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
When the game first came out we all complained that the secondary was too powerful. So they made it to where a two year old can throw for 300 yards a game.
It'd be nice if EA could find a balance between physic DBs that jump 10 feet in the air at the drop of a hat, and DBs that apparently forget what zone they're supposed to be in and leave a giant passing window for the QB.

But to answer your question, if you're playing someone who really is in the zone like that, the only thing I've found is to dial up the pressure with blitzes. Sure this leaves you vulnerable to the pass, but if he's torching you anyways, it's not like it makes any real difference. Use different blitzes and hope that you can force him to make a bad decision. You'll still want to toss in a few calls where you drop everyone into coverage so he's not looking for the blitz every time (it's all about being unpredictable). But for the most part, you've got to rush his throws and force him into a mistake. And if that doesn't work, at least you'll get the ball back quicker.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
It'd be nice if EA could find a balance between physic DBs that jump 10 feet in the air at the drop of a hat, and DBs that apparently forget what zone they're supposed to be in and leave a giant passing window for the QB.

But to answer your question, if you're playing someone who really is in the zone like that, the only thing I've found is to dial up the pressure with blitzes. Sure this leaves you vulnerable to the pass, but if he's torching you anyways, it's not like it makes any real difference. Use different blitzes and hope that you can force him to make a bad decision. You'll still want to toss in a few calls where you drop everyone into coverage so he's not looking for the blitz every time (it's all about being unpredictable). But for the most part, you've got to rush his throws and force him into a mistake. And if that doesn't work, at least you'll get the ball back quicker.
yea, im also in an online dynasty with about 6 other guys and my friend who uses TCU just switched to the Texas Tech playbook because he lost 3 running backs last season, in his last game he threw for 798 yards and was 41-50.....should be interesting. I just think that passing is way to easy on this game, being able to read coverage is one thing, but the DB's are flat out dumb (having a DB on the left manned up against a WR on the opposite side and the DB not lining up on the same side of the field against him i mean cmon!)
Old 12-18-2010, 01:27 AM   #8
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pote14
yea, im also in an online dynasty with about 6 other guys and my friend who uses TCU just switched to the Texas Tech playbook because he lost 3 running backs last season, in his last game he threw for 798 yards and was 41-50.....should be interesting. I just think that passing is way to easy on this game, being able to read coverage is one thing, but the DB's are flat out dumb (having a DB on the left manned up against a WR on the opposite side and the DB not lining up on the same side of the field against him i mean cmon!)
I also feel that the Air Raid in general is a but overpowered, even as a regular user myself. the poor pass coverage is really exploited by the 4 WR sets. And since patch 2 killed man coverage I score TD's at least 70% of the time with BYU's playbook. Other Air Raiders also do well no matter the defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »