Home

Former Vol PG Bobby Maze is suing SEC,Ncaa, and EA...

This is a discussion on Former Vol PG Bobby Maze is suing SEC,Ncaa, and EA... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
Rookie

Zasnow's Arena

OVR: 4
Former Vol PG Bobby Maze is suing SEC,Ncaa, and EA...

http://www.metropulse.com/news/2010/...s-ea-ncaa-sec/

I know he played basketball and this has nothing to do with football but could this eventually effect EA and college football?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
Rookie

ranger6354's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Former Vol PG Bobby Maze is suing SEC,Ncaa, and EA...

I'm really getting tired of people like this.. but I can't do anything.

PSN - Soonerfan94
Old 12-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Get a life Bobby Maze. Sorry your basketball career never evolved. Boo freaking hoo.

Be grateful you got an athletic scholarship (one year that is renewal). You don't run the show, the big boys do.

And this notion that a one-year renewable scholarship is unfair is nonsense. The one-year deal is to keep kids from being lazy and feeling entitled. Believe me, I saw it with my own eyes as a Division II student-athlete. However, there are obvious circumstances where I think the scholarship should be honored for four years (career ending serious injury).
Old 12-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Get a life Bobby Maze. Sorry your basketball career never evolved. Boo freaking hoo.

Be grateful you got an athletic scholarship (one year that is renewal). You don't run the show, the big boys do.

And this notion that a one-year renewable scholarship is unfair is nonsense. The one-year deal is to keep kids from being lazy and feeling entitled. Believe me, I saw it with my own eyes as a Division II student-athlete. However, there are obvious circumstances where I think the scholarship should be honored for four years (career ending serious injury).
I hear you brother. I'm so tired of these guys *****(female dog)ing when they got to go to school free and play the game they love. I played at a NCCAA school where players played because they love the game. We didn't get a thing and my school cost $15k a year. It is getting old all these guys who could not have a career beyond the court or field suing. It is not the SEC, NCAA, or some video game company's fault you didn't get a better degree so you can have a job. I think ever scholarship should be year to year. That would force guys to work hard and stop feeling like they are owed something.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:29 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Wow. You guys must think practices and games are nothing?

I hate paid interns who can hold a job while maintaining a scholarship. Damn handouts. Making money for another company as some other company or trust pays their tuition.

I also hate those parents who pay their kids tuition. While the kids drink beer, sleep in late and flunk out.

Entitled weenies. Parents paying for their college....or helping them out. What kind of society lets these people succeed.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 12:31 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I hear you brother. I'm so tired of these guys *****(female dog)ing when they got to go to school free and play the game they love. I played at a NCCAA school where players played because they love the game. We didn't get a thing and my school cost $15k a year. It is getting old all these guys who could not have a career beyond the court or field suing. It is not the SEC, NCAA, or some video game company's fault you didn't get a better degree so you can have a job. I think ever scholarship should be year to year. That would force guys to work hard and stop feeling like they are owed something.
Why shouldn't they be able to accept a scholarship for one year from any school? So as long as they were offered a scholarship they could go to a different school every year if the school didn't meet the players specifications......they can't do that because it is about money and sports.....not education.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #7
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewie12
Wow. You guys must think practices and games are nothing?

I hate paid interns who can hold a job while maintaining a scholarship. Damn handouts. Making money for another company as some other company or trust pays their tuition.

I also hate those parents who pay their kids tuition. While the kids drink beer, sleep in late and flunk out.

Entitled weenies. Parents paying for their college....or helping them out. What kind of society lets these people succeed.....
How is any of that relevant to the topic at hand?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »