Home

The perfect rush 3-4 OLB

This is a discussion on The perfect rush 3-4 OLB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2010, 01:06 AM   #9
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The perfect rush 3-4 OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
That is one of the problems with this game. I'm sure the guy is less then 250lbs. No way in real life a 250lb guy could be a beast at DT. I know the Vols this year had to use some DE's (Jackson) at DT but I could see a 265lb DE over a MLB. I am not trying to be negative toward you but that is just something that should not be allowed in the game. I understand it is just a video game and I think everyone should enjoy the game in their own way. I wish EA would fix the unrealistic position changes in this game.
I'm with you on this. I mean, it's in the game, so I tend to move a lot of OLBs to DE and DEs to DT, as most recruit DTs are AWFUL. I like an athletic defense, and this helps for it. I still recruit DTs, but they just never seem to be as good as a DE moved to DT.

I'd rather not be able to, though. I mean, sometimes it should be possible. But 95% of the time, a guy is a better DE than OLB? Shouldn't happen that way. Maybe a few guys should be those hybrids, and it should be more of a DE moving to OLB than reverse, unless you have a big OLB.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 12-21-2010, 01:51 AM   #10
Rookie

RjTheMetalhead's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I'm with you on this. I mean, it's in the game, so I tend to move a lot of OLBs to DE and DEs to DT, as most recruit DTs are AWFUL. I like an athletic defense, and this helps for it. I still recruit DTs, but they just never seem to be as good as a DE moved to DT.

I'd rather not be able to, though. I mean, sometimes it should be possible. But 95% of the time, a guy is a better DE than OLB? Shouldn't happen that way. Maybe a few guys should be those hybrids, and it should be more of a DE moving to OLB than reverse, unless you have a big OLB.
Funny, my prized 6'5" 255 LBS #1 DE was a better OLB than a DE OVR but then I noticed he would be a major liability in pass coverage and he wouldn't be starting.

I also was recruiting a 5'11" 240 LBS DT at the time.......
Old 12-21-2010, 03:52 AM   #11
Banned

elvis dumerville was 5-11 248 and did super badass in 2009 as a rush olb
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2010, 08:41 AM   #12
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

The thing I've found when trying to recruit for a 3-4 defense is that you can't really pay attention to the weight of the players.
For example, my 2 starting OLB in my OSU online dynasty team right now:

Darren Lane
Height 6'-2" Weight 210 lbs
Spd 83 Strgth 86
Acc 99 Tackle 88
PMV 83 FMV 83
BSH 90 MCV 83
ZCV 79 PCV 82

Eric Gilliam
Height 6'-5" Weight 253 lbs
Spd 89 Strgth 85
Acc 95 Tackle 93
PMV 88 FMV 88
BSH 95 MCV 79
ZCV 78 PCV 76

Lane at 210 lbs and Gilliam at 253 lbs have similar ratings and end up with similar stats, even though Gilliam's size is much better suited for the 3-4 OLB.

I could give similar examples of Nose Tackles and Defensive Ends on my team where there listed weight doesn't make much sense, but have the Strength, Block Shedding, and Power Move ratings to make them successful in the game.

I know I have it easy recruiting at Ohio State, but I've been able to find MLB and OLB recruits with good enough pass rush and coverage ratings to play OLB in my 3-4.

Last edited by PDuncanOSU; 12-21-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #13
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

The play size is not equal to the ratings in this game at all. It is real sad when a 210lb LB plays the same as a 245lb LB. Some guys I have found were a 5'10" 168lb WR that ran a 4.7 and had C's in acc & agl. There is no way this kid will play FBS football. I'm not sure as a coach I would play this in high school. I got a guard that I'm trying to land now with Nebraska, who is 5'11" 325lbs. He is B+'s in RBS & RBF and B's in PBS & PBF. The guy has A+ acc and benches 490lbs. The guy is going to be a beast but his size does not match his ability.

This is why we need the ability to fully edit players inside dynasty mode. We could fix some of the things like this. It really kills Madden if you import draft classes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »