Home

Official "What playbook should I use" "What Playbook represents who" etc thread

This is a discussion on Official "What playbook should I use" "What Playbook represents who" etc thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Official "What playbook should I use" "What Playbook represents who" etc thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckcity
What playbook represents Jedd Fisch the New OC for Miami...he coaches for the Seahawks right now
Fresno State and Colorodo State look pretty close, also maybe the ones I posted for USC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 12:30 AM   #42
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official "What playbook should I use" "What Playbook represents who" etc thread

I'm looking for a playbook that has designed QB runs, but also has its fair share of I-formation. I prefer offset I, but any will suffice.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Here's a quick list of similar PBs to USC that have a Wildcat:
Idaho (a little heavier w/ Ace)
Cal
UCLA (although they have 1 Pistol...)
Tulane
Pitt
Yeah I'm using the Pitt one and sometimes the Colorado St. one I think they fit well and match USC's one IRL.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:55 AM   #44
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Getting pretty bored of using LSU's playbook. I kinda want to have a set offensive style next year instead of just using all kinds of formations. Something where I can utilize my power running game, my great 3 receivers i'll have and i'll have more of a pro style QB.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
Getting pretty bored of using LSU's playbook. I kinda want to have a set offensive style next year instead of just using all kinds of formations. Something where I can utilize my power running game, my great 3 receivers i'll have and i'll have more of a pro style QB.
Try Miami. I love this PB. It has tons of power running options. Loaded with offset I formations (weak twin close has bench, mesh, spacing and more!). It also has great passing concepts from ace and shotgun for your 3 WR passing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #46
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
I know it might not seem to make sense with a pro-style QB, as there is a lot of option in this playbook, but I am having a lot of success with Miss State's playbook without running the option much at all. Offset shotgun formations (Miss St playbook has 5 of these) allows for power running out of 3 and 4 WR sets. I stick typically to these formations and have found short, intermediate, and deep passes that work for me. HB dive, zone runs, and a couple toss plays that are pretty successful as well a screen passes to both HB and WR's. There are also 2 different wildcat formations to supplement the running game.

Last edited by PDuncanOSU; 01-14-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #47
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

What playbook represents the Charlie Weis/2011 Florida Gators offence?
Old 01-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #48
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm hoping someone can help me out a bit. Basically, I've been using the Syracuse playbook for the last four months or so. I really do like the running and passing game that it offers. However, its missing the following two things that I would like to implement into my offense:

1. Option plays from under center (have no success running it from the gun).

2. A good screen game, including middle screens, and more than a few WR screens.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »