Home

Official "What playbook should I use" "What Playbook represents who" etc thread

This is a discussion on Official "What playbook should I use" "What Playbook represents who" etc thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #65
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Official "What playbook should I use" "What Playbook represents who" etc thread

Will any spread PB work for Florida? The one in the game is still the "Tebow" Offense. I believe they were just a spread offense with sufficient amount of running, correct? I'm picking this game back up soon and will of course be playing with Florida.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #66
Rookie

SchruteFarms's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Official "What playbook should I use" "What Playbook represents who" etc thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
I use San Diego State's pro style playbook for Brady Hoke.
USC & Stanford might be close too.

Last edited by SchruteFarms; 01-23-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #67
Rookie

wesman94's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
Will any spread PB work for Florida? The one in the game is still the "Tebow" Offense. I believe they were just a spread offense with sufficient amount of running, correct? I'm picking this game back up soon and will of course be playing with Florida.

I think Texas's PB would be the best, since Muschamp came from there. IIRC, there's is a spread no-huddle in the game even though they went more to a pro-style this year.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:05 PM   #68
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooShay
Is OK St the best PB that mimics Holgorsen style>
I use Oklahoma State almost exclusively and I use Ohio's playbook. It's mostly pistol and shotgun formations, and it includes the "half-diamond" formation with the FB in the backfield. It utilizes the TE too much to be a true Holgorsen offense, but it's as close as you're going to find.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

Whats a good almost all-running spread? I don't want to run as much with my QB as much as I do with my two RB's and slot receiver/RB type players. I know most spreads have handoffs, WR sweep, etc, but I want one with a ton of those. QB running isn't bad either. Lots of screens would be good too.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #70
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by playguitar90
Whats a good almost all-running spread? I don't want to run as much with my QB as much as I do with my two RB's and slot receiver/RB type players. I know most spreads have handoffs, WR sweep, etc, but I want one with a ton of those. QB running isn't bad either. Lots of screens would be good too.
Florida and Mississippi State are both PBs that are the heaviest w/ this style, Wildcat themed offense. Florida's also adds a little I-Form and Pistol to mix things up.

I love Shotgun- 4WR Trio. (RS) left to sub in HB2 to slot, really creates some nice triple options. Oregon did a lot of this w/ James and Barner IRL.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Florida and Mississippi State are both PBs that are the heaviest w/ this style, Wildcat themed offense. Florida's also adds a little I-Form and Pistol to mix things up.

I love Shotgun- 4WR Trio. (RS) left to sub in HB2 to slot, really creates some nice triple options. Oregon did a lot of this w/ James and Barner IRL.
Thanks! This thread is so helpful!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

Considering going with a new playbook for my Florida dynasty. I love Gator Heavy and the shotgun sets, but I'm looking for something with more Ace and I-Form.

I know Mississippi State has Gator Heavy, but I use the I-Form option a lot and don't want to give that up.

Any suggestions for good spread playbooks that also have I-Form, Ace and some kind of Wildcat?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »