Home

Dynasty Traditions?

This is a discussion on Dynasty Traditions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty Traditions?

I never alter any of my players equipment or numbers, unless there's something like a position change. For example, my backup MLB who I converted to a HB was #53 so I had to change him to 34 because it didn't look right. I like to keep all the players the way they are because I like that each guy is different and has their own equipment/ number. In previous versions I found myself giving players visors and armbands and other equipment to make them look cooler, but it became way too excessive so I tried to change everyone back to normal which took an hour because I couldn't remember what everyone had.

I'm not doing that again,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #26
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

These are some I use in my LSU dynasty

#18- Senior/Junior Leader of the team
#1- Freshman WR
#7- now goes to my best CBs
#9- Pocket Passer QB
#91- Best Pass Rusher
#34-Power HB
#21 Combo back
#11- MLB

I usually only do this with new players, like i'll keep currently active players #s the same.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #27
Banned

GatorChomp2345's Arena

OVR: 7

I always give my star QB #2. If he is a freshman QB I won't give him it until
he proves he deserves it. Other than that I don't really have any.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #28
Rookie

ZWVols11's Arena

OVR: 1

Man I'm happy this is a pretty popular thread haha. It was my 1st thread so I was a lil nervous but I just feel like having your own traditions makes it feel a lil more real.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #29
Rookie

wesman94's Arena

OVR: 2

It is a nice thread to see what people's certain traditions.

Mine is All the QBs get the Revo Speed helmets, and the best overall (regardless of posistion) gets # 1.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #30
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

I like to keep my players like they are unless they have ridiculously stupid things like revolution facemasks that dont look right but i like to give my qb a light nike visor and my HB the reggie bush sleeves

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 01-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Lets see. Before the start of each season, I reincarnate between 1 to 3 old school NFL players and drop em in, coming fresh out of high school.

I let the CPU execute all off season tasks, and its fun to see where these guys end up and if they mimic their actual careers in some way.

Absolute must that I scour teams (sometimes even random teams I'll never play against) and correct the equipment. RBs will never have LB/DL style facemasks, LBs will never wear a RB bull in my dynasties, and no one will EVER wear those abominable revolution masks (I love the design of some of them, but the proportion is just WAY off, they are horrible and sit entirely too low on the face). Please fix.

I use the Athlon Sports College football mags and implement random real life college players on random teams. At the end of the season,( I actively play all my games, no simming) I save the draft class and start my next season.

For NCAA/Madden11, this year I accumulated 3 draft classes before I moved on to Madden. Once my 7th season in Madden is complete, I'll be back on NCAA to accumulate more draft classes.

If anyone was curious about the 7 madden season deal. Here's a quick rundown. I alternate NCAA draft classes and Madden precreated classes in my Madden franchise. After the 7th madden season I'm all out of NCAA draft classes.

Man, I have a complete alternate universe when it comes to yearly Madden/NCAA releases. I have a great time let me tell ya.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #32
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I always edit all incoming freshman giving them numbers I see fit For their position. I almost never give out #1. I will give special players out of position numbers if they are a game changing recruit. I also don't change guys numbers when I switch their positions. In order to wear a single digit number on my teams you have to have at least 95 speed or just be an amazing all around player.

Some positional numbers that I give to special players:
QB- #2
HB- #24
FB- #36
WR- #80
TE- #44
OL- #66 or #77
DE- #99
DT- #90
OLB- #33
ILB- #55
CB- #21
SS- #5
FS- #22

Senior Leader- #10 (in fact this season for my team it's a two year starter at qb who lost his job this senior season)
MLB: Chicago Cubs

Last edited by thedudedominick; 01-03-2011 at 11:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »