Home

fumbling rate

This is a discussion on fumbling rate within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
Rookie

gplummer317's Arena

OVR: 0
Question fumbling rate

I just got the game and have seen a ridiculous amount of fumbles when I try to break tackles. I am playing on all-american with the preset sliders. I am wondering if it is something I am doing or if it is the game. If anyone else has experienced this, suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for the help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
Rookie

RjTheMetalhead's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: fumbling rate

Don't push up on the Right Thumbstick, when your about to hit the pile/line in short yardage hold RB to cover up.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
Rookie

gplummer317's Arena

OVR: 0

thanks. I will try that.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

I always set my rushing to conservative in gameplan. I only fumble when I get jacked up coming across the middle with a wide-out or trying to do too much with nothing.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

It has a ton to do with your ballcarrier's carry rating. My HB carried the ball almost 300 times for 1,900 yards in one season and didn't fumble the ball once. I don't mean didn't LOSE a fumble, I mean never fumbled period. This on All-American with default RB ability. And I had him plowing for extra yardage all the time.

But if your guys don't have decent carry ratings then definitely cover up the ball, set running to conservative, and don't fight for extra yardage when it's hopeless.

One thing I find is although finding HBs with decent carry ratings isn't that hard, scrambling QBs with good carry ratings is more difficult and they tend to fumble, so be ready to slide down. Even though the game sometimes makes you fumble when you go down intentionally, which is a TERRIBLE thing that they need to fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Before I start any dynasty i improve my QBs carry ratings up, they fumble alot. I use to set my rushing to agressive, but then realized i was giving up 3-4 fumbles a game. I only fumble alot during rain games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »