Home

Best Game youve ever played?

This is a discussion on Best Game youve ever played? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2011, 01:54 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best Game youve ever played?

Ohio State @ WVU the other night.

Game went back and forth the entire game with a tied ball game 35 - 35. Ohio State would hit a field goal with 20 seconds left, I couldn't muster another drive despite my efforts. Ohio State would win 38 - 35 but it was still a great game.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #10
Pro

footballfan4life's Arena

OVR: 8

Copied this from my dynasty (check it out, in the signature)---

What a game! It came down to the final play. MSU QB Jared Washington got hurt and left for the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Then HB Kody Brown broke his collarbone, so he'll have to miss 5 weeks. At half, MSU led 17-7. Then Michigan scored late in the 3rd. MSU came on the field just running out the clock. In the 4th, it was 3rd and long, then Jared Washington threw a pick, returned for about 30 yards. This fortunately led to a punt. On the next MSU Possession, Washington and backup HB Thomas Hackett ran an option. A Wolverine got in between and broke it up and returned it to the 4. The MSU defense held them to a field goal. 21-17. With 3:11 left in the game, Washington threw ANOTHER interception, Michigan marched down the field, On 3rd and 15, Michigan QB Curtis Newton threw a bullet to WR Jamil McDuffie, but only for 14 yards. So then Michigan brought out there FG unit, but the kicker hit the uprights! So at there own 23, MSU had to work down the field with no timeouts. After some completions, Michigan St. faced a 4th and 5 at the Michigan 40. It was complete, but the receiver couldn't get out of bounds. Now with only 10 seconds MSU had a nice 10 yard completion that went out of bounds. Now there's 4 seconds left. Washington drops back, sees Maurice Butler in the endzone.. Touchdown!!!! "MSU wins MSU wins!! They pull off another upset!!!"

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAA: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 01-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Back when patch 2 had yet to be released and defense existed, I played this guy as TCU against Boise State.

Felt just like last year's Fiesta Bowl. Defensive struggle all the way. I gotta give this guy credit as his defense was just beastly. There simply were no open guys and I could not run at all. He didnt use any cheap tactics either, just great playcalling at the right times.

But this guy wasnt the best on offense. We basically shut each other down the whole game. I was able to move the ball a little though while he struggled to get every 1st down he got. In the end, he ends up holding me to 4 field goals and I win 12-0. I was sacked 6 times and him four. Those defensive wars are always fun.
Those are so fun because it becomes a chess match instead of a game on reflexes on the sticks when running. The game entirely shifts from trying to make a big play of normal ones to trying to make anything happen. Theyre great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #12
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

Miami (me) vs. Tennessee (buddy) in an online game:

He was up 21-3 at half, but I went pick-six on him twice in a row to start the third quarter. He settled into a run game that I could not stop and added a TD and FG heading into the 4th.

Down 31-17, I scored quickly but still struggled getting my D off the field because of his sudden rushing prowess. (Seriously, he throws 70% of the time and averages far less than 100-yards per game on the ground.)

After forcing a punt from him, I scored on a long run on the second play of my series. Tied the game, but had to give it back to him with too much time.

He had a long FG with less about a minute to go, but decided to go for it on 4th-and-long. He didn't want to miss the kick (it was a good 55-yards or so) and give me field position. Good call by him. He failed to get the first, but I was inside my own 30 with only 1 timeout.

I called a draw out of a 4-wide, shotgun set and picked up a good 15 yards. I then went into hurry up mode, completed 2 short passes and run to get the first. I had time for two, maybe three plays, but my TE didn't get the first down and I had to burn my timeout to set up a final play.

I went with a 4-wide, 1-TE set. Usually I keep my TE in to block because my buddy blitzes when an obvious pass is coming. This time I sent my TE deep and motioned a WR over the TE spot and had him block. His LB ran over my blocking WR, but it slowed him enough for me to scramble and get the pass off to my TE. Of course, my TE is not going to make a game-winning, hail mary-type of play. So as the ball is in the air, I switched to the nearest WR, manually caught the ball at the 3 and dove in for the score. I was screaming, he was silent. It was another two or three days before he would respond to a text or call, and at least a week before he'd play again. It's that kind of reaction that makes me smile.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #13
Rookie

cmlax011's Arena

OVR: 1

Just played a game with my buddy that was probably the closest game I have ever played in any game period. He picks Oklahoma, and I had TCU at home. It was a real defensive game through most of it, out of the three redzone possessions I had, I only had one touchdown, and Dalton threw two picks. He really couldn't get a stable drive on me with his only scores coming off of 2 big Demarco Murray td runs. Anyway it was 14-7 going into the fourth and thats when the insanity started.

After a long drive Dalton gets his first td pass of the day on a tight end slant near the goal line 14-14. He gets the ball with a little less than 3 minutes left in the game, and on his second play he breaks another one with murray, 21-14. This leaves me with 2 minutes after the kick-off, after some short pass plays I decide to my first real risk of the game and bomb it deep to one of my receivers, turns out to be a jump ball in the endzone with my guy bringing it down for the score, 21-21. 40 seconds after the kick off and after a few sideline passes he scores off of a 40 yard screen pass to demarco murray, 28-21. So after the kick off this leaves me about twenty seconds. With things looking pretty bleak I hail mary it to a reciever to not only have him bring it down but to be in the clear for the td, his cornerback was able to bring him down at the 28 yardline. With me jamming on the back button I get a timeout called with 0:01 on the clock. I call up another pass play and after some nice scrambling by Dalton I find my halfback in the endzone, 28-27. At this point I just decide to go for the win(I didn't want to see what murray would do to me in OT), and find my tight end frosh short of the end zone and him dive across the goal line for the win, 29-28. Much swearing ensued

It had a greatest game score of about 3500 with my next nearest being 1800 lol.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #14
Rookie

smokeydays23's Arena

OVR: 7

Just played Notre Dame vs Miami last night, and it was a thriller. They ran me into the turf until 10 minutes left in the fourth. They were up 41-19! I finally pulled it together and drove them up and down the field. A quick 2 play drive made it 41-27. Then, after forcing a fumble, I hit a loooonngg field goal from 54 yards, 41-30. Then, as Miami drove down the field, I forced another fumble, and drove it down the field and scored! 41-37. By now South Bend is going insane, and on Miami's next drive, I forced them to punt. 2:56 to go. I put together the drive of the game. 10 plays, 85 yards, and 1:55 off the clock. On third and goal from the 11, I found Michael Floyd in the corner of the end zone, making it 44-41! Miami got the ball back, and was forced to go for it on fourth down, and then, Harris threw a pick. South Bend was even louder. The game of my life, down 22 points with 10 minutes to go, and not panicking, putting together a few solid drives. Best game ever.

Rose Bowl Challenge Online Dynasty
-Michigan State (2-0 overall)
Old 01-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeydays23
Just played Notre Dame vs Miami last night, and it was a thriller. They ran me into the turf until 10 minutes left in the fourth. They were up 41-19! I finally pulled it together and drove them up and down the field. A quick 2 play drive made it 41-27. Then, after forcing a fumble, I hit a loooonngg field goal from 54 yards, 41-30. Then, as Miami drove down the field, I forced another fumble, and drove it down the field and scored! 41-37. By now South Bend is going insane, and on Miami's next drive, I forced them to punt. 2:56 to go. I put together the drive of the game. 10 plays, 85 yards, and 1:55 off the clock. On third and goal from the 11, I found Michael Floyd in the corner of the end zone, making it 44-41! Miami got the ball back, and was forced to go for it on fourth down, and then, Harris threw a pick. South Bend was even louder. The game of my life, down 22 points with 10 minutes to go, and not panicking, putting together a few solid drives. Best game ever.
Nice man. I always had great ND-Mia games in my dynasty. I made them my new rival and it seemed every year the game went to OT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #16
Rookie

smokeydays23's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
Nice man. I always had great ND-Mia games in my dynasty. I made them my new rival and it seemed every year the game went to OT.

Its a great rivalry in this game. I thought I was toast but somehow I fought back and won.

Rose Bowl Challenge Online Dynasty
-Michigan State (2-0 overall)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »