Home

kirk herbstreak

This is a discussion on kirk herbstreak within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: kirk herbstreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
I actually don't mind Herbstreak. It's that Kirk Herbstreit guy you have to look out for.
hahahahahah this gave me a chuckle
Old 01-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #10
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredonia
The real Herbie gets on my nerves enough*breath* without hearing him in the game*breath*

DON'T ACT LIKE YOU DON'T NOTICE THAT! I like Mussberger(sp?) and Nessler MUCH better! I even like May Day, Rece and Lou. Kirk's just the one I can't stand...him and Coward...I mean Cowherd..and Skip Bayless...

But back to topic, I had to turn off commentary after about 15 games because I was just sick of it...
Mark May in a game setting is awful. These guys did the Beef O Brady's Bowl this season and while Rece and Lou were okay, May was just terrible. He sounded like a tool.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

They should scrap the current commentary. The same since the mid-PS2 NCAA days. After a few games it is the same. They should talk about previous seasons and the current season. Ex " The ____ is 3-1 and is hot." and " The _____ went 9-4 and looks to improve this year"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2011, 01:22 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

I was just leading BYU 24-8 and it was my ball with 1-2minutes left and he says this ones gonna come down to who has the last possession
Old 01-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 19

Rather than complain about Herbstreit, I think Tiburon needs to tweak the commentary. Add a third guy to the booth, bring Herbstreit and Nessler to record more commentary, or just start over with a new team. If the commentators say something that is out of place, that is more of a programming issue. Any commentators in a video game are reading from a script. However out of place or repetitious their comments are...that's on the game's designers, not the talent.

I will say any FIFA game that has Clive Tyldsley doing play-by-play annoys me to no end.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #14
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

Love how Kirk constantly remarks at the end of the game that he was surprised by the large score margin even if it's a 5 star team pummeling an FCS squad.

In all seriousness, the problem with the commentary is that it adds nothing to the game. Look at nba2k and the show, their commentary adds important info that is attractive to users. Madden and NCAA only add witty remarks and call it commentary. The only example of contributing commentary I can give is when Nessler mentions the teams' records at the end of the game. Other than that, the commentary is nothing more than robotic generic useless information

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »