Home

Iowa getting no love

This is a discussion on Iowa getting no love within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
Rookie

RyanoBuzz's Arena

OVR: 0
Iowa getting no love

I have had a dynasty with my Hawkeyes for 4 years, I would've stayed longer except I was getting cheated out of my deserved respect every year. In 4 years I won 3 NC in a row (2 of which were unbeaten) and a Rose Bowl, not once was I preseason #1, nor did I ever have a player even in contention for the Heisman. I had record setting Offences and Defences and had numerous award winners and brilliant recruiting and still haven't got the respect I deserve. It might have gone in my favour since always being the underdog made me wanna win but still, 13-0 and a NC and I'm ranked #5 preseason? #1 is Alabama who I had a battle against in my 1st NC, met them again next season but blew them out of the water. Preseason rank... #3!

Seriously EA, I love this game, it's the best Football game I've ever played, but if this were to happen in real life there would be uproar, I know it has happened, like when Florida State were ranked #1 after Miami had won a NC, but 3 years in a row is unacceptable.

Has this ever happened to you?

SAN DIEGO
CAL
IOWA
AND WHY NOT TULSA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanoBuzz
I have had a dynasty with my Hawkeyes for 4 years, I would've stayed longer except I was getting cheated out of my deserved respect every year. In 4 years I won 3 NC in a row (2 of which were unbeaten) and a Rose Bowl, not once was I preseason #1, nor did I ever have a player even in contention for the Heisman. I had record setting Offences and Defences and had numerous award winners and brilliant recruiting and still haven't got the respect I deserve. It might have gone in my favour since always being the underdog made me wanna win but still, 13-0 and a NC and I'm ranked #5 preseason? #1 is Alabama who I had a battle against in my 1st NC, met them again next season but blew them out of the water. Preseason rank... #3!

Seriously EA, I love this game, it's the best Football game I've ever played, but if this were to happen in real life there would be uproar, I know it has happened, like when Florida State were ranked #1 after Miami had won a NC, but 3 years in a row is unacceptable.

Has this ever happened to you?
You do realize the preseason poll is simply an algorithm and not some opinion poll?

How are your recruiting classes in relation to those above you? Is your training better than those schools?
Old 01-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
Rookie

RyanoBuzz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Iowa getting no love

I would just like to be #1 :P It doesn't affect gameplay or anything, but still, everyone likes being #1 :P

SAN DIEGO
CAL
IOWA
AND WHY NOT TULSA
Old 01-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
You do realize the preseason poll is simply an algorithm and not some opinion poll?

How are your recruiting classes in relation to those above you? Is your training better than those schools?
I wouldn't call them a hotbed for recruiting or anything. My first season with them I won the national championship over Alabama. The first year I made out big time with Ohio prospects getting a lot of good 4 star talent. Going into the second year I expected a lot more talent and possibly even a chance to get a 5 star player. Not going very well in the second year. I have been winning games but lost to Ohio State and Wisconsin. I think I have pulled in maybe 3 or 4 4 star players. The rest of 3 star Juco types trying to fill in positions. I might be top 50 in recruiting if i'm lucky.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm still cheesing at Varsity level w/ my now-6* Auburn dynasty that has a more than A few NC's in a row...gotta make slider adjustments...and twice it was against Iowa in the BCS game.
Though they may not get the preseason ranking in my offline seasons, the CPU certainly keeps them up near the top giving them the opportunity to win it all. I guess I'd consider that kind of respectful. And Bama is ALWAYS right near the top (can't remember how many times the AU-Bama game ended up being a de-facto NC semifinal game), just an EA thing I've accepted.
Hang in there, go Hawkeyes (I was an asst. swim coach there for both the men's and women's teams a while back).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
Rookie

wesman94's Arena

OVR: 2

I have had it happen to me with Nebraska. I won the NC over TCU in year 1, but in pre-season poll, I was #.....5! Behind Alabama, Ohio State, TCU, and Oklahoma.

But I think I know why: your team's overall. I was A- overall, A offense, B defense and 'Bama was A across the board. That might be it.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #7
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12

Talk to Inspectah about a 30 game winning streak in our online dynasty with no invite to the NC. That's real no love.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:48 PM   #8
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
Talk to Inspectah about a 30 game winning streak in our online dynasty with no invite to the NC. That's real no love.
Yeah I don't even think I would have got in this year even without the botched FG. I went from 1st to 4th without loosing a game in the last 30 lol. I even went out and asked for tougher OOC games and it didn't help. I'll leave the Big 12 for the SEC lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »