Home

Problem with controller?

This is a discussion on Problem with controller? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Problem with controller?

This may be more of a ps3 controller problem than anything to do with NCAA Football 11, but whenever I play now during a game, it will press random buttons in mid play. For instance, I'll be scrambling with my QB and without me actually pressing the button, it will automatically throw it to L1 and it usually gets picked off. This is really annoying and has actually cost me a few games. It has also made me try and swat passes down on defense when i'm trying to disengage from a block. This all started a few days ago and has become more and more of a nuisance. I was just wondering if any of you guys have encountered this and what you've done to fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Problem with controller?

Yes I have noticed this too. I have two dualshock controllers and the second one i just bought recently cause my other one was getting worn out because Ive had it for three years. But when I played the NCAA game with the new controller it started doing exactly what you said but when I use my older controller everything is fine. First I thought it was the controller but all your problems were exactly like mine so now im not sure, lol.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

It sounds like an interference problem. I'm assuming you're using a wireless controller. If not, then disregard.
Try to plug it in.
Make sure you don't have other cordless devices nearby (IE. routers, phones).
Check your neighbors to see if anyone has a new dish that's pointed at your house.
etc.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 20

I had a huge problem with this the past few months, as I was seeing similar symptoms with NBA2K (menus popping up out of nowhere), The Show (defenders diving and jumping out of nowhere), NHL11 (coach settings changing all game long), and NCAA11 (same stuff you mentioned, but mostly Dlineman jumping out of nowhere).

Bought three controllers altogether.

Got a new PS3.

Magically fixed. :/
Old 01-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 2

I get this once-in-awhile as well... I've only had it happen when I'm QB and it'll automatically throw it to a guy when I'm scrambling. I really haven't had it happen with anything else, but that's probably the worst time for that to happen as well. hah
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 01:29 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

My wife bought me an aftermarket PS3 controller for Christmas and I can get it to charge but once I unplug it from the console it dies. I took it apart and unhooked the battery and plugged the battery back in and nothing. I also bought a PS3 charging cable for it and I still have to plug it in for it to work. This is a wireless controller. I have also tried resetting it multiple times. Thanks for any help that you can give.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:20 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Nice replies.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:18 PM   #8
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings95
My wife bought me an aftermarket PS3 controller for Christmas and I can get it to charge but once I unplug it from the console it dies. I took it apart and unhooked the battery and plugged the battery back in and nothing. I also bought a PS3 charging cable for it and I still have to plug it in for it to work. This is a wireless controller. I have also tried resetting it multiple times. Thanks for any help that you can give.
You'll probably have better luck getting a response in the Console / Portable Talk forum since it seems you are having a global controller issue and not an issue with this game specifically. Gonna close this because it's from 7 years ago. FWIW, I never buy after-market or refurbished controllers as the few times that I have done so, they started malfunctioning within a few weeks.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »