Home

You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play

This is a discussion on You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #57
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yep lowered the recognition as well
Good what ratings did u change other than Player recognition and did you change them for all teams?...
Old 01-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #58
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

98% of teams, way too many to name......

For runners - QB, RB

awareness, agility, speed, acceleration, strength, break tackle, ball carrier vision, agility, elusiveness, truck, spin, juke, stiff arm, carriers.

Lowered the speed of power runners. Upped the awareness for Impact QBs on smaller schools. Upped the awareness for junior and senior QBs for smaller schools. Made no sense that just because they go to a smaller school they have all american players with 55 awareness.

Defense

Play recognition for DE, OLBs, CBs

Speed across the board for anybody that had way too much speed for their position. By default it way too many people in the game with 90 plus speed.

Upped the zone coverage for linebackers
Old 01-10-2011, 08:43 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 22

I'm going to use your rosters and sliders to get a game in after the BCS Championship. I'll let you know how things go. By the way, do you use any coaching sliders?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #60
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Me personally about the only coaching slider I change is lowering the defense aggressiveness for all the schools. They are way too blitz happy.

Which results in a lot of man coverage by the cpu most of the time. I also tend to like them playing the pass and run equally. Pretty good balance..

Offensively for the most part I find the coaching slider to be pretty decent as is for majority of the schools.

What this game really needs is Game Planning like Madden has. That what greatly reduce the repetitive nature of the plays being called.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #61
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Agreed...I only do this in Versus play. I use the coaching offensive sliders because they are a gem and get great dynasty stats...however the defenses need tweaking. I also am carefull WHO I edit the play rec. rating. There are some players who if you do that to they wont play the same as they are supposed to. For the most part I left the play rec alone for LB's and and such. I mean I edited across the board those who needed it and those who were def over rated but I didnt feel the need to edit DB's like that (play rec) jsut B/C of the reads the CPU makes. The sliders I use plus the way I edit QB's more than enough makes me pay. Take that and pair it with the offensive ocaching sliders and you have what happened to me last night...playing as stanford and darron thomas and barner&james ran me to the ground wiht reads and such. Just my .2 cents
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #62
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Me personally about the only coaching slider I change is lowering the defense aggressiveness for all the schools. They are way too blitz happy.

Which results in a lot of man coverage by the cpu most of the time. I also tend to like them playing the pass and run equally. Pretty good balance..

Offensively for the most part I find the coaching slider to be pretty decent as is for majority of the schools.

What this game really needs is Game Planning like Madden has. That what greatly reduce the repetitive nature of the plays being called.
Defensive Run/Pass dictates Man/Zone coverage. Shift the slider all the way towards Run to get more man coverage (and therefore better pass coverage coincidentally).

I wouldn't recommend anything above 30 on either of these sliders personally after seeing the huge difference in gameplay.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #63
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

anyone try this roster out?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #64
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
anyone try this roster out?
I plan on trying the PS3 one out tonight or tomorrow, if everyone at my house is healthy for a change. I would have downloaded it sooner but I've had 2 little boys passing a stomach bug back and forth since Saturday. I'll let you know once I've given it a try. I need something to rejuvenate this game for me because I'm just about ready to give up on it and buy the PS2 version. I've been having fun with last year's PS2 version because the QBs actually run when they should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »