Home

You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play

This is a discussion on You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2011, 04:46 PM   #65
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I plan on trying the PS3 one out tonight or tomorrow, if everyone at my house is healthy for a change. I would have downloaded it sooner but I've had 2 little boys passing a stomach bug back and forth since Saturday. I'll let you know once I've given it a try. I need something to rejuvenate this game for me because I'm just about ready to give up on it and buy the PS2 version. I've been having fun with last year's PS2 version because the QBs actually run when they should.
Brother...try the sliders in my forum out WITH the autosubs and roster in the vault and you should have a blast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #66
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Brother...try the sliders in my forum out WITH the autosubs and roster in the vault and you should have a blast
Didn' get to download them tonight, so I'll try again tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:08 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Me personally about the only coaching slider I change is lowering the defense aggressiveness for all the schools. They are way too blitz happy.

Which results in a lot of man coverage by the cpu most of the time. I also tend to like them playing the pass and run equally. Pretty good balance..

Offensively for the most part I find the coaching slider to be pretty decent as is for majority of the schools.

What this game really needs is Game Planning like Madden has. That what greatly reduce the repetitive nature of the plays being called.
What do u have for cam newton ratings cause i cant get him to run for more then 600 yards
Old 01-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #68
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

If you going for sim stats and want guys like Cam Newton to rush for 1,000 a season, you will have to put their strength at 90, break tackle in the mid to high 80s and their awareness have to be at 75.

Keep in mind that is if you only simming the game and not actually playing it. The higher the awareness, the more they will pass the ball when simming. Also the higher the strength of the QB, the more they will keep the ball themselves on read action plays when you simming the season.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 20

Unfortunately, there is another issue that sliders or rosters don't address with regards to running qb's. Most of the time the CPU doesn't call enough designed runs for them. For instance, I was playing a game against Auburn and Cam Newton last night . The CPU called one run for him the whole game, and that was with Auburn's Run/Pass slider at 35. The fact that I had his running attributes high, doesn't matter if the CPU doesn't call designed runs for him.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 01-14-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #70
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Unfortunately, there is another issue that sliders or rosters don't address with regards to running qb's. Most of the time the CPU doesn't have call enough designed runs for them. For instance, I was playing a game against Auburn and Cam Newton last night . The CPU called one run for him the whole game, and that was with Auburn's Run/Pass slider at 35. The fact that I had his running attributes high, doesn't matter if the CPU doesn't call designed runs for him.
or that the offenses that should never run potion plays run them a ton. Example would be stanford luck running it and running.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #71
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

Are these sliders for real?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 02:55 AM   #72
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Alright, so I've played with these rosters for 3 games using relatively even teams.

The good:

1. I have only seen 1 linebacker or DL tip since the download. And that was the CPU that got tipped. Amazing. However, my three games have been using pro style offenses which focus more on outside throws. I'm about to go with Texas Tech and throw some stuff over the middle and see what happens. Still, good so far.

2. CPU QB's passing efficiency is more realistic. When I get pressure the cpu is less prone to automatically find an open receiver and throw a perfect strike while being sacked. I'm also seeing less drives where the CPU decides its going to be unstoppable. Cam Newton lead a 70 yard TD drive but had 4 incompletions along the way. Very good.

3. Dual threats reflected in sim games. I simmed Stanford vs Auburn. Cam Newton had 12 rushes for 95 yards. Darron Thomas had 68 yards vs Oregon State.

The bad:

CPU doesnt scramble at all in-game. I played as Stanford against Auburn. Cam Newton had 2 rushes. Both sacks. Darron Thomas had 0 rushes in an actual game.

Still, good improvements. I'll be back with more feedback later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »