Home

You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play

This is a discussion on You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play

Here it is January and I must say I am having a blast with the game. All it takes is going under the hood, re-rating the rosters PROPERLY and setting the sliders PROPERLY. Once you do that, you can have the CPU players play ANYWAY you want them to play.

I got my cpu playing Zone defense perfectly. Got balanced and scrambling QBs running on PASSING PLAYS when they feel the heat. Have the spread and option teams running like clockwork. Linebackers and Safeties bringing the wood to WRs and TEs who dare try to catch a pass over the middle of the field.

Eliminated LBs from jumping sky high in the air, swatting down passes. Eliminated DBs from blindedly swatting down passes that they aren't even looking at. Got power rushers using power moves only and finese rushers using finese moves only. Power RBs running like power backs, scat backs running like scat backs and not like they Brandon Jacobs.

Have the WRs making shoe string catches, 1 handed catches, sliding catches, diving full extension catches. RBs using their ball carrier vision correctly to bounce to the outside on a run or bounce to the outside then to the inside and back to the outside again.

CPU QB designed run, watch as he follows his block then leave his block when he is in the clear.

CPU QB scrambling on a pass play, in the multiple offense

Another CPU QB scrambling on a pass play in the pro offense

CPU RB, starts up the middle, see it is crowded and breaks it to the outside.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Rookie

ZombieNationPSU's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play

Are you just gloating, or will you share some of how you achieved this?
Old 01-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Ok here are some observations I discovered:

RB Ability Slider - This slider is a little misleading because not only does it effect the RB, it effects the whole offensive side of the ball. Plus it seems to be tied into the awareness factor for the whole offense from the QB down to the lineman.

QBs, WRS and RBs are more aware of their surroundings

Put this slider at 80 for the CPU. When it is at 80 it makes the cpu players use their whole arsenal of ratings. However when at 80 it DOES NOT make players super human. The player ratings itself dictate how well a player does a move or if they will even do a move at all.

Which mean if you put a RB Break tackle attribute at 50 or below, he won't break a tackle. By default rosters, way too many RBs in the game have BTK in the mid to high 80s. That is unrealistic, the NCAA is not full of Brandon Jacobs.

Instead put RBs BTK attribute in the low 70s and leave the low 80s for big FBs and RBs that weigh 230 pounds or more. Even at 70, RB can break 1 or 2 tackles, but that is it, which is REALISTIC. You shouldn't see 189 pound speed backs breaking 4 or more tackles every time he runs the ball, just bowling over people. Same thing goes for trucking, lower it down to the 70s unless their a back that weigh over 220 then put it at low 80s.

This brings me to another thing, leave high agility and high elusiveness to RBs that weigh below 200 pounds. Big bruisers shouldn't have high agility or elusiveness. So if they are a power back, drop their speed to 82 or 84, agility, juke and elusiveness down to the 50s.

By default rosters, way too many RBs, WRs and CBs got 90 or higher speed, regardless of their running style or how much they weigh. In reality there isn't many that fast players in the NCAA anyway. NCAA isn't full of Usian Bolts. So adjust everybody speed.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Let's move on to QBs

With RBA at 80 all the QBs are more springy in the pocket. However some more need to be done to get them to actually take off. Agility, elusiveness, Ball carrier vision put at 99.

This will allow them to:

1. Avoid the rush
2. Run forward instead of side stepping all the way to the sideline
3. Let them see where they are going.

I kid you not, I had a QB that I put at 99 for agility, elusiveness but left his ball carrier vision at default 58. He ran avoided the rush, but just ran directly to the sidelines sideways, and stood there until the LB finally came over there and sacked him.

Also with low ball carrier vision, QBs on designed run plays will look to slide 99% of the time instead of trying to get beyond the defender. They will do it all the time once they see a defender within 2 yards of them, they will slide.

Good ball carrier vision is also crucial for the good RBs to break it to the outside on runs or cut back up the middle.

CPU PASS BLOCK SLIDER - 25
CPU QB ACC - 10

To eliminate LBs from jumping like Jordan in the air, put the INT SLIDER AT 10, PASS COVERAGE 50.

Interception Slider is also misleading. It is nothing more then a knockdown slider for the linebackers and CBs. With it at 10, linebackers won't jump at all and CBs will only swat the ball when they are in good position and they ACTUALLY FACING the ball. It will be no more blind swatting by the cpu.

Want your linebackers to play better zone ?

You have to edit the linebackers zone coverage attribute. By default they are extremely low.

But anyway there you have it, some key sliders and player attributes you have to edit. Meaning you have to do BOTH. You can't do one without the other and expect to see the results that I see. Rosters have to be edited.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #5
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
I'm in a dynasty so obviously can't edit ratings. I know you said you had to edit both raings and sliders to see what you say, but if I only edit sliders, will I still see something or will it just screw up everything even more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

One more thing......awareness. Think of it as the brains. The higher it is, the quicker that player will react to what is going on the field. Therefore I have the bulk of the QBs from 80 to 95.

If they are truly terrible, mid 70s.

Also keep in mind, this is for games you actually play. Over a solid month of labbing since the last thread I made, I came to the conclusion that you can either edit the rosters for sim stats or edit the rosters for results you can see in the games you actually play.

You can't do both. For some reason this game is just coded that way. With one set of roster attributes you can have QBs playing like Cam Newton STATS wise when you sim the whole game or season. But when you actually play it, that same QB will play like Joe Schmoe.

With these roster edits, you actually see players play like themselves when you actually playing the game. But try to sim the whole season with it, stats wise it won't come out right.

I rather have the game looking right while I am actually playing it. Grant it this game ratings and sliders still aren't as lively as Madden ratings and sliders.

OMG on Madden I can make the CPU QB do some highlight reel material every snap just by editing the rosters and changing some sliders around. So maybe next year I can do the same thing up to that level with NCAA 12.

But hey, I got this game playing way better then it played with default rosters and sliders.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I'm in a dynasty so obviously can't edit ratings. I know you said you had to edit both raings and sliders to see what you say, but if I only edit sliders, will I still see something or will it just screw up everything even more?
You will see some things, however they will only play as good as their ratings are. So with current stars you will see a lot, with scrubs you will see some things but not a lot, not until they progress enough to get to the level of ratings the current stars have.

Once they start getting in the 80s, you will see a big difference. Once they hit 90 in different ratings, you going to see a huge difference.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
You will see some things, however they will only play as good as their ratings are. So with current stars you will see a lot, with scrubs you will see some things but not a lot, not until they progress enough to get to the level of ratings the current stars have.

Once they start getting in the 80s, you will see a big difference. Once they hit 90 in different ratings, you going to see a huge difference.
Thanks for the quick response and the findings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »