Home

NCAA 11 Add-Ons

This is a discussion on NCAA 11 Add-Ons within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NCAA 11 Add-Ons

Hey guys,

I am addicted to NCAA 11 and I'm in my 3rd season with the Kentucky Wildcats. I want to look at buying an add-on. I have the Recruit Advisor and wanted to know if you guys suggest buying the Maximum Training and/or the Recruiting Reports. Any opinions on how usefull they are. I know it's only $2, but I don't want to give EA the money if it's not really changing anything and the Tuners already have adressed progression. Please let me know your guys experience with using these. Thanks for your responses in advance,

Brian
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA 11 Add-Ons

If you are addicted you should be good enough to not need any of these. Save your $2.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Well thanks for that (sarcasm). It's not a matter of being good enough to not need it, I just wondered if it actually fixes the progression issues and makes it more realistic with the Max Training. And with the Recruiting Reports, is it more of cheating or is it valuable info and worth having added to the game.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I don't think you need it. progression is too high to begin with and if you are already playing as a top team(6* prestige), you probably wont see any difference anyway with the max training. most of those micro-DLC things are just shortcuts to smething you can do on your own anyway.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 01-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks Soldice. I'm currently a 4* school. I like the challenge of it. I think I might get the recruiting reports to see how other teams are going after my targets. I would think in the real world, a recruiter/coach has a feeling how hard another team is going after another recruit.

Brian
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 01:17 PM   #6
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonox
Thanks Soldice. I'm currently a 4* school. I like the challenge of it. I think I might get the recruiting reports to see how other teams are going after my targets. I would think in the real world, a recruiter/coach has a feeling how hard another team is going after another recruit.

Brian
Be prepared to be annoyed. I bought this thinking it would help, but I haven't used it in months. You must select each team to see how much time they use. So, using Kentucky, if you want to see how much time Auburn is putting in, you must cycle to the "A" teams (much like selecting states in recruiting). So Auburn put in 60? Good to know. What about Mississippi State? Cycle to the "M" teams. 60? OK. It's simply too time consuming to be useful.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #7
Rookie

Thanks for the info. I remember hearing that on here. Did you buy the Max Training too? Wonder if that's worth it. Im thinking I might just stick with the normal. Seems a little like cheating to me.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcloudgopher
Be prepared to be annoyed. I bought this thinking it would help, but I haven't used it in months. You must select each team to see how much time they use. So, using Kentucky, if you want to see how much time Auburn is putting in, you must cycle to the "A" teams (much like selecting states in recruiting). So Auburn put in 60? Good to know. What about Mississippi State? Cycle to the "M" teams. 60? OK. It's simply too time consuming to be useful.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonox
Thanks for the info. I remember hearing that on here. Did you buy the Max Training too? Wonder if that's worth it. Im thinking I might just stick with the normal. Seems a little like cheating to me.

Brian
We have a winner. Progression is fine. Every player should not improve max points in overall each season. I'm using a 5* school and my guys progress 3-5 points with 1 or 2 getting 6 points. That seems about right if you ask me.
As for the other stuff. My brother-in-law was using something I had not seen before. While we were visiting my in-laws for Christmas he asked for my help. In the recruiting screen, the bottom box 2nd from the right is blacked out for me but he was using it. I didn't ask him if it was DLC. He was able to find recruits that had interest in his school. I thought that was cool. Kind of like a coach getting reports from the recruiting coordinator.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »