Home

Recruiting - reactions from fans? from EA?

This is a discussion on Recruiting - reactions from fans? from EA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #9
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Recruiting - reactions from fans? from EA?

I will admit, recruiting is way more in depth and detailed and therefore more realistic and rewarding (assuming you are in a 1-team Dynasty). But like jbrew said, it has to be more streamlined. No way I should be forced to look at each damn recruits phone call screen. Especially w/ such a slow UI. EA should have optional approaches, a more streamlined approach, but still have the detailed individual phone call/visit process.

And I haven't played in months. I remember hearing complaints of recruiting being too difficult to actually land recruits (besides the time-consumption) which I agreed with at the time. Has this been patched/updated?
Oregon State Beavers
Gonzaga Bulldogs
Old 01-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #10
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Academic Prestige rolled up 3x during one call recently and, tho I'm listed as "C" I finally got tired of it popping up every other spin -- bypass it and you know it's going to come up two spins later -- and unlocked it anyway. Turns out it was Very Low for recruit, and wadda ya know, the 1st topic to come up the following week was Acad Prestige. That's just plain illogical. -Illogical indeed. This is by far my biggest beef with recruiting.

I still propose a weighted system. After unlocks, the recruit's Above Avg and higher interest topics have a greater chance of coming up. That only makes sense. He wouldn't keep bringing up his Least topic, maybe not ever, in fact.
By setting recruiting up in this manner a guy, like in my example above, with a HIGH interest in Acad Prestige would eventually drop me down his school rankings b/c he'd keep bringing it up and I'd have to keep getting only "C" points for it which would ultimately decrease my overall points, which in turn allows a school that matches his interest there, and other topics, to pass me by.
Works in my favor, too, when his interests match mine and I'd be able to accumulate more points than a school with lesser grades in those particular areas.

Fix this and I'll even stop complaining about getting Pink Diamond recruits during the 5-wk offseason (instead of x2 or Unlock bonuses which would actually be helpful!) where it's too short to climb to the top from "7th, -880 points," especially w/ no game-day visits which is what propelled me (big, big rivalry win) to the top of the DE mentioned above. -The pink diamond should never come up as it is currently implemented. A few of things I'd like to see with done it: 1. The recruit should not have any scholarship offers, unless, 2. You lost a recruit at the diamond's position and he, 3. Has you in his Top 3. Otherwise it is pointless to recruit him because you will never catch up.
-The off-season recruiting needs an overhaul. As it stands, if you are not Top 5 (and usually Top 3) there is virtually no chance of landing a recruit. I rarely get more than 3 recruits in the off-season unless I grab some lower-star kids. I have no issue with that to round out a roster, but it just doesn't matter when I can leave the spot open for the next season.
allows a school that matches his interest there, and other topics, to pass me by.
-My second biggest beef? The whole "-1" thing is terrible and, seemingly, irrelevant. I can go from No. 10 on a list to No. 1 as long as I put in the time, but there are always a couple of recruits that will not get me past the No. 2 spot, keeping me -1 behind No. 1.
Even when I get the x2, I still cannot pass the team ahead of me. I simply do not understand this, and, if they are so focused on that school, then commit already. Along with this is the commitment to a school that never offered. I understand that there are things like walk-ons, preferred walk-ons and the such, but to have a 4* RB walk-on to Tulane instead of accepting my offer to come to Georgia? Yeah, I don't get that. Maybe I'd be cool with it if I ever had a commit w/o offering. That has yet to happen.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #11
Rookie

JCHuskies's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcloudgopher
allows a school that matches his interest there, and other topics, to pass me by.
-My second biggest beef? The whole "-1" thing is terrible and, seemingly, irrelevant. I can go from No. 10 on a list to No. 1 as long as I put in the time, but there are always a couple of recruits that will not get me past the No. 2 spot, keeping me -1 behind No. 1.
Even when I get the x2, I still cannot pass the team ahead of me. I simply do not understand this, and, if they are so focused on that school, then commit already. Along with this is the commitment to a school that never offered. I understand that there are things like walk-ons, preferred walk-ons and the such, but to have a 4* RB walk-on to Tulane instead of accepting my offer to come to Georgia? Yeah, I don't get that. Maybe I'd be cool with it if I ever had a commit w/o offering. That has yet to happen.
I completely agree with that. Especially as a mid-small school, it gets incredibly annoying when a 4* player commits to a bigger school who hasn't even offered a scholarship. I just recently had a 4* G who had 6 teams at -1 behind Texas. All 6 of them had offered a scholarship, but Texas hadn't. Of course, I was #2 on the list. I had recruited him from week 1 of the season, and at the end of week 5 in the off-season, he commits to Texas with no scholarship offer.

Another problem I have is the overall recruiting logic. At multiple times in my dynasty, I've seen Alabama with 4+ 90 OVR QBs of different classes. I've seen multiple 4* QBs go to Georgia when they already have a SO QB. And then there are teams with 10 average QBs on their roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #12
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

One thing that i wanna see get fixed on recruiting is CPU teams (in offline Dynasty) recruiting. They recruit all the good player and have ENORMOUS depth at one position which makes no sense. Should fix it so that the teams would go after what they need first then pick up their "Wants"

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »