Home

Recruiting - reactions from fans? from EA?

This is a discussion on Recruiting - reactions from fans? from EA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2011, 01:24 AM   #1
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

OVR: 2
Recruiting - reactions from fans? from EA?

Does anyone know if EA has stated anything regarding the new recruiting system and if they plan to keep/change it for NCAA 12 for PS3/360? I understand nothing official for NCAA 12 has been disclosed. But just wondering if EA commented it.

I just wish they'd bring back the PS2 recruiting (no idea if that's how it was on PS3/360 pre-11, but the minute allocation for the entire list was awesome. Calling every recruit 1 by 1? Not so much...). Recruiting in a multi-team Dynasty is a literal time nightmare...
Oregon State Beavers
Gonzaga Bulldogs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 02:14 AM   #2
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Recruiting - reactions from fans? from EA?

I agree the current system can get tedious, but it makes landing your first 5 star recruit (especially if its the only one) that much more satisfying.
I don't know how the current system handles simming recruiting, but in years past it was pretty weak, and to compete you were forced to talk to everyone.

Kind of cool, though, that after 4 years most of the 70 people on your roster you directly recruited to your school.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

It was said a couple of weeks ago by Ben that they were really focusing on Dynasty mode this year, but he did not speak directly about recruiting if I recall correctly. At the same time though he did not provide many details except the fact that Dynasty was a large focus.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorman1050
It was said a couple of weeks ago by Ben that they were really focusing on Dynasty mode this year, but he did not speak directly about recruiting if I recall correctly. At the same time though he did not provide many details except the fact that Dynasty was a large focus.
whered you see this? if its true thank god lol

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Old 01-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Here is a way I think they could use both the current system and the old system. When you go to recruit a player you should first select the amount of time spent. Each action will still take 10 minutes like now. Next you choose the pitches, campus visit, make an offer, or promise that you want to cover during the call. If you choose pitches you then have the option to ask interest, hard sell, or sway. Then you get the screen we have now showing how well the call went with the point system. I think this way would please the people that want a more streamlined approach. It would also please the ones wanting a more realistic recruiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

To be honest, I love the way recruiting is handled in NCAA 11.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #7
Rookie

CenTechsan's Arena

Yeah, I'm loving this recruiting set-up. It's the first time I've really recruited in a dynasty for several years. Sometimes I do miss the days when recruiting took one hour and was completely done in the offseason. Now I spend just as much time recruiting as I do playing the games. But it's also a lot more rewarding when you land a cat that you and some others in your dynasty have been recruiting for 8 weeks.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
To be honest, I love the way recruiting is handled in NCAA 11.
Count me in, too. The recruiting aspects and methods are one of my favorite parts of the game. Getting that DE that I'd coveted but had fallen to 5th, -520 and dropped down my recruiting board to 11th of 12 was a bit of a rush (as much as a video game can give ya, I guess).

EXCEPT, I still think there's a way to fix the too-random 'spinner' (for lack of a better word) that is clearly not random. If it's random, a recruit's Very Low and Least interest topics wouldn't keep popping up. [Academic Prestige rolled up 3x during one call recently and, tho I'm listed as "C" I finally got tired of it popping up every other spin -- bypass it and you know it's going to come up two spins later -- and unlocked it anyway. Turns out it was Very Low for recruit, and wadda ya know, the 1st topic to come up the following week was Acad Prestige. That's just plain illogical.]

I still propose a weighted system. After unlocks, the recruit's Above Avg and higher interest topics have a greater chance of coming up. That only makes sense. He wouldn't keep bringing up his Least topic, maybe not ever, in fact.
By setting recruiting up in this manner a guy, like in my example above, with a HIGH interest in Acad Prestige would eventually drop me down his school rankings b/c he'd keep bringing it up and I'd have to keep getting only "C" points for it which would ultimately decrease my overall points, which in turn allows a school that matches his interest there, and other topics, to pass me by.
Works in my favor, too, when his interests match mine and I'd be able to accumulate more points than a school with lesser grades in those particular areas.

Fix this and I'll even stop complaining about getting Pink Diamond recruits during the 5-wk offseason (instead of x2 or Unlock bonuses which would actually be helpful!) where it's too short to climb to the top from "7th, -880 points," especially w/ no game-day visits which is what propelled me (big, big rivalry win) to the top of the DE mentioned above.

Last edited by GGGswim; 01-12-2011 at 01:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »