Home

Building a Better NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on Building a Better NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #57
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Gameplay for me is always at the top, cpu logic on defense (too many all out blitzes on 3rd down). The huge glitch that was never adressed and caused me to sell the game. The glitch were the cpu would attempt 58 to 65 yard fg's EVERY time only on the heisman level ruined the strategy of the game. It was well stated among heisman level players but never adressed in any patches. The graphics and responsivness of the players were great. I really hated that the fg glitch made this game unplayable for me. This has to be fixed in 12.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #58
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
they need to really change the menus. The menus last year were so slow to scroll through. The menus should move much quicker and smoother. They also need to have more neutral games and let you add neutral games for custom schedules and allow you to change the time of the game. Last but not least the player need to be more athletic. They dont feel like athletes. The way they move is so stiff. And add different QB throwing motions, different RB running motions for us to choose from. Each player should run and throw the same way.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:40 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 16
Outside of NCAA 11, The most fun that I have had playing a college football game had to have been NCAA 06 or 07 (I draw a blur between the two for some reason). Bring back the full college experience! Examples are:

1. Sports Illustrated covers - nuff said.

2. Weekly practice - an ACTUAL practice mode that let's you play defense or offense against a formation used by your upcoming opponent.

3. NCAA Rules/Penalties - It was really a lot of fun and a huge challenge having to deal with your players getting into trouble and you having to decide what the punishment would be. This should also be tied into your personality coach wise and how the relationship between the coach and the players determine any outcome.

4. Better presentation! - Pre-game predictions, NCAA score updates from other games, more dynamic weather (like really? is there EVER an overcast or rain at night?), halftime show, key matchups in-game, etc.

5. Intangibles - bring back the Senior Game. Bring back ACTUAL training for players.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #60
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Building a Better NCAA Football 12

Remove "jump the snap"
Old 01-14-2011, 12:13 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 19

My 2 cents:

Where is this developement team? Ian and company is tweeting an everything with gamers. But for NCAA, little to nothing. Hope we don't get the old "It's too late in the developement cycle..." response when info is put out.

The team must address the Special Teams problem that plagues this game.

As an Intern at a major University, we spend most of our time gaming for Special Teams. That's how much of an "Impact" this area has on the game.
-Dangerous Returners need to have an impact outside of being the fastest on the field
-Such players should increase the blocking of those on the return teamj to help in this area.
**It's 2011, we should be able to set/edit our ST Depth charts by now

-Some teams make you hold your breathe during PAT/Punt Block because they are so good at it.
**Would be nice if this was included in 2012, but maybe 2017

Contact physics is killing this game.
-300 lb OL doing the 2-step dance with 180 lb DB's during blocking animation
-Just look at some of Backbreaker's contact animations, enough said!!!

Different throwing animations, which causes different release times, which help with sacks instead of increasing ratings of Def player's so that it mimmicks pressure (ratings have gotten to the point that true representation can't be seen)

Attach playbooks to coach's/coordinator's instead of to the school
**Current method voids the need of a coach or carousel, because although coach's change schools, playbooks still remain the same.

-Get rid of the Pro style hand catches and include shoulder/stomach/pouch catches, as 97% of college players currently use to make a catch.
**Way too many hand catches, this is suppose to be College, right?

ESPN/CBS intergration
-If this is not in this year, it just shows what's really going on
**Why purchase the exclusive license, if your not going to use it

Editing, Editing, Editing!!!
-The problem with EA is it's reluctance to open up more editing features (other than ratings/uniforms etc...) to gamer's as NBA 2k11 has demostrated.
-Tuning sliders (like speed threshold etc...) that allow gamers to adjust aspects of gameplay to their liking.
**Ball velocity/distance, Weather affects (falling/slips etc...), Fan Attendance for each school

Maybe the quiet auditorium we're (NCAA Gamers) sitting in means that the Dev team is going to step from behind the curtain and WOW us

Last edited by khaliib; 01-14-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #62
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I would like to add pressure improvements. Particularly against the CPU. There are two problems.

1. The CPU auto-finds open receivers once the pressure gets there. They are more effective when pressured immediately than when given all day. Sometimes, if you get instant pressure, the CPU will throw it perfectly to a receiver that isnt looking and isnt even close to making his cut, but will catch it anyway.

2. QB's, especially CPU QB's, make way too perfect throws under pressure. I am seeing perfect 20 yard strikes when the DT is just about to slam them, sometimes even while the sack is being made. Pressure makes QB's less accurate. This needs to be represented.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:26 AM   #63
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
I like the AD mode idea, hopefully that gets in and i like the coach mode too. I think they could work hand in hand actually. I mean if you're a coach and you want to stay at a school they should want to improve the facilities to keep their "hot" coach that other programs want to hire away.

But then if they implemented AD mode with Stadium building and such you could also improve facilities and you could have a new progression system. Such as a certain grade of facilities will get you so many points and then other progression would be all performance based.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:20 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0

A lot of good suggestions so far.

I'd add:

point spreads before the game.

Easier create a prospect option, instead of having to change the points, you can select a default 5 star, 4 star ect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »