Home

Just got super cheesed online....

This is a discussion on Just got super cheesed online.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Just got super cheesed online....

I played 10 games online yesterday and got 2 wins and 1 loss out of the deal. If you start to build a lead everybody quits the first half and you get nothing...

Anyway my last game I played a guy who chose OSU (50% of the time everybody does). I stopped him his first drive and I thought maybe this will be a easy win. I get the ball and score easy this kid played horrible defense but had a pretty good offense after his first drive. After he scored he paused the game twice and I didn't know why, he goes to kickoff and I didn't noticed he subbed his kicker for a nobody player who had 40/40 kick stats and he knew how to kick it perfect where he got the ball back everytime. He recovered everytime after that, no matter what I did I could not stop it. Onside didn't help because he would just kick it to the other side and get it everytime.

I'm telling you guys this kid had this thing mastered I've faced noobs like this before but he must have practiced and practiced. Funny thing is I still should have won because I picked him off a few times. But it's hard to win on these 5 min quaters when they have the like 4-5 more times than you.

Anyone else play people like this? I'm a decent player but dang I couldn't stop that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Rookie

CenTechsan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Just got super cheesed online....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
I played 10 games online yesterday and got 2 wins and 1 loss out of the deal. If you start to build a lead everybody quits the first half and you get nothing...

Anyway my last game I played a guy who chose OSU (50% of the time everybody does). I stopped him his first drive and I thought maybe this will be a easy win. I get the ball and score easy this kid played horrible defense but had a pretty good offense after his first drive. After he scored he paused the game twice and I didn't know why, he goes to kickoff and I didn't noticed he subbed his kicker for a nobody player who had 40/40 kick stats and he knew how to kick it perfect where he got the ball back everytime. He recovered everytime after that, no matter what I did I could not stop it. Onside didn't help because he would just kick it to the other side and get it everytime.

I'm telling you guys this kid had this thing mastered I've faced noobs like this before but he must have practiced and practiced. Funny thing is I still should have won because I picked him off a few times. But it's hard to win on these 5 min quaters when they have the like 4-5 more times than you.

Anyone else play people like this? I'm a decent player but dang I couldn't stop that
I'm a teacher and I've heard the kids at school (9th graders) talking about that trick. I tried it once against the cpu and it didn't work, but it was close enough that I'd believe it could be done with practice. And they wonder why I won't play them online.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Ya it can be done if you really just wanna take the time to learn it. But it's so dang cheap. And can't be stopped even you try to user catch the ball it's to hard because the camera spins around fast and messes you up. Onside kick just makes it worse because on the weak side it like 4 guys against you're 1.

It might be fine against the CPU but against a human no way
Old 01-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
Pro

Special27K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTechsan
I'm a teacher and I've heard the kids at school (9th graders) talking about that trick. I tried it once against the cpu and it didn't work, but it was close enough that I'd believe it could be done with practice. And they wonder why I won't play them online.
I would write their parents nasty notes home and pin them to their coats
Old 01-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Wow people find anyway to cheat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Lol.

I enjoy the competition of online play for any game I just hate how people can't play the game the way it was meant to be played.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Pick the single back Kick return play, user an up man and fair catch. I've played 400+ games online. I just cant get into playing the cpu, it bores me. I've seen damn near every cheese glitch there is out there. I take it as a challenge and chance to lab against guys like this. They help you discover the exact defense to stop a certain play.

For instance Ace-big, Speed option is a pretty hard play to stop. I played a guy who ran it over and over the entire game. Finally end of the 2nd I found the perfect defense to stop it. QB spies on option plays work really well. haha
Old 01-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #8
Rookie

VUFTBL1's Arena

OVR: 5

Ive found that either kick return (2 back or 1 back) works. The key is that prekick you have to take control of the man on your front line closest to the sideline. Most of those fools goob kick to the left so I take control of the man closest to the sideline on that side.
Fair catch doesnt work for me, but what does work is strafing that up man over to the ball. If the ball doesnt go out of bounds you can usually get that guy over to the ball first if you're strafing over to it. DO NOT just try to move over to it without strafing as that will not work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »