Home

Walk-On Kickers, What a joke!

This is a discussion on Walk-On Kickers, What a joke! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Walk-On Kickers, What a joke!

EA screwed up special teams all around in this game.

All you need to know is that Alex Henery, one of the best college kickers EVER, started as a walk-on.

No 99% of walk-ons shouldnt be even close to that, but the 45 overall crap is ABSURD. No way big time programs should ever be saddled with crap like that.

Yet every damn punter and long snapper is a clone.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #10
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

The problem is that all the "elite" teams sign more than one kicker or punter. When there are only so many kickers and punters that can do anything, it takes away from other teams to pick them up. I've seen multiple instances where Alabama or Ohio State signs the #1 and #3 kicker and #5 punter. The logic is not there nor are the ratings for walk-ons. 65 OVR for walk-ons at mediocre schools would be fine with me, and a max of 70 OVR for some of the better teams looking for kickers and punters.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #11
Rookie

JT5978's Arena

OVR: 2

When you think about, just about every team in the country's kicker was a walk-on. It's practically insulting for a team to sign a kicker to their recruiting class.

I think instead of just randomly putting players on our team, we should get to pick and choose which players we want to put on our team as walk-ons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #12
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I think two things happened this year with kicker/punters.

1) EA wanted to reduce the number of kicker/punters in the draft classes. Solution was to lower the ratings across the board for all kicker/punters.

2) EA wanted to please all the people that was calling for a reduction in the number of long field goals. So instead of making the sliders more effective they made the kickers/punters a lot worse. We now have kicker that have a had time making 35 yard field goals.

This is why we need the ability to edit players inside the dynasty.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Do we have the option to create recruits in this year's NCAA Football game? I know we could last year. But if we can, just create some Kickers.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #14
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

The top teams shouldnt have kickers this bad walk ons or not.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

There are a lot of solid NCAA kickers that started as walk ons in real life. The guy who said they just screwed up ST in general was right. No long returns, blocks, fake punt logic, CPU never able to pin you deep, etc. But it really takes a lot out of a game when you realize your opponent has a 45 ovr kicker because they missed their first 2 PATs.

Yeah, it happens from time to time, but it is ridiculous in this year's game. I think it's another case of overcompensation for the CPU always nailing 50+ yarders. It's the opposite of what they did with blocks and kick returns... they wanted to make those rare, but instead they basically just eliminated them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
EA screwed up special teams all around in this game. No 99% of walk-ons shouldnt be even close to that, but the 45 overall crap is ABSURD. No way big time programs should ever be saddled with crap like that.
100% AGREED, ITS RIDICULOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Something you might want to consider is creating 15-20 Kickers every year. I am currently using BSU and need a Kicker and Punter
INTERESTING SUGGESTION, BUT IT SHOULDN'T COME DOWN TO THE USER DOING EXTRA WORK TO MAKE THE KICKERS BALANCED.
ALSO, IN MY DYNASTY IT WAS BOISE STATE WHO I WAS PLAYING THAT MISSED EXTRA POINTS AND CRUCIAL FIELD GOALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
The problem is that all the "elite" teams sign more than one kicker or punter. When there are only so many kickers and punters that can do anything, it takes away from other teams to pick them up. The logic is not there nor are the ratings for walk-ons. 65 OVR for walk-ons at mediocre schools would be fine with me, and a max of 70 OVR for some of the better teams looking for kickers and punters.
THIS IS NOT ALWAYS TRUE BECAUSE BOISE STATE IS ONE OF THE ELITE TEAMS, YET THEY FAILED TO RECRUIT A KICKER IN MY DYNASTY. AND 65-70 OVR KICKERS WOULD WORK FOR ME TOO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
The guy who said they just screwed up ST in general was right. No long returns, blocks, fake punt logic, CPU never able to pin you deep, etc. But it really takes a lot out of a game when you realize your opponent has a 45 ovr kicker because they missed their first 2 PATs. Yeah, it happens from time to time, but it is ridiculous in this year's game. I think it's another case of overcompensation for the CPU always nailing 50+ yarders. It's the opposite of what they did with blocks and kick returns... they wanted to make those rare, but instead they basically just eliminated them .
100% AGREED. THEY COMPLETELY EXAGGERATED THE DIFFICULTY OF SPECIAL TEAMS THIS YEAR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »