Home

JUCO players in recruiting

This is a discussion on JUCO players in recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: JUCO players in recruiting

JUCO have high awareness and positional ratings are progressed.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #18
Rookie

vilsack08's Arena

OVR: 1

I make two lists: High school recruits and JUCO transfers. In the early weeks I focus on the high school kids, but keep the JUCOs on my board. I get boosts just from having them on the board and other schools value JUCOs much less and almost never recruit them.

In my current season (Yr 3/Michigan/AA recruiting) I landed 24 of the 35 targeted recruits by week 10. 16 high schoolers and 8 JUCOs. None of the JUCO recruits had received a scholarship offer and only two were being actively recruited. The Wolverines' offense is awesome but the defense is Swiss Cheese. These JUCOs will be a big help.

The best JUCO prospects will come in with ratings in the mid-to-upper 80's. They are vastly underrated both in terms of quality and by other schools during the recruiting process. A FS I recruited came in as an 87 but was only a 3* and I had no competition. They can definitely be program changers if used correctly. In another dynasty I recruited a JUCO RB, redshirted him and got two years of production out of him as a 95 and 99 OVR.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:02 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 10

I havent played the game in months, but I feel like I have never had any JUCO recruit over an 81. Im really surprised that you guys are getting these great guys, and I might have to jump back in to this game. Im kinda just waiting for a nicely and recently updated roster for the xbox 360
Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #20
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

I had a Juco 4* QB. He was actually in the top 10 at the position. Came in at an 88ovr with 88spd/acc and 87tha. Exactly what I needed while my freshman develop.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #21
jpz
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
I had a Juco 4* QB. He was actually in the top 10 at the position. Came in at an 88ovr with 88spd/acc and 87tha. Exactly what I needed while my freshman develop.
Sounds like a beast
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »