Home

Recruiting restrictions

This is a discussion on Recruiting restrictions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Recruiting restrictions

Yeah that's what I'm looking for jbrew, a very competitive experience from the CPU. If I win the SEC four years from now I want it to be because a) i played great b) had some real quality players develop out of these 3 star guys.

Just signed my first class with the new restrictions, and damn this is going to be different. 2 Five stars (81 and 78 overall) 5 four stars (75-80overall) and 12 three star guys who were mostly in the 63 to 67 range. I did have a juco who is an 80 and a couple OLBs who are 74 and 75.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #10
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Vol
Yeah that's what I'm looking for jbrew, a very competitive experience from the CPU. If I win the SEC four years from now I want it to be because a) i played great b) had some real quality players develop out of these 3 star guys.

Just signed my first class with the new restrictions, and damn this is going to be different. 2 Five stars (81 and 78 overall) 5 four stars (75-80overall) and 12 three star guys who were mostly in the 63 to 67 range. I did have a juco who is an 80 and a couple OLBs who are 74 and 75.
With the lack of depth that the dynasty mode offers I havefound things over the years to make the game more enjoyable. By using house rules it gives the game more playability. I have also found it makes me want to play the game longer since there is nothing the dynasty mode offers on its own to make me want to do that. Sometimes you have to do what you can to enjoy the game. You have to work harder to find that right group of players for each class to get you to the next level. I will also hand down NCAA rulings if I ever sway like I made a violation. I also suspend players from time to time. That gives it more of a real life feel. I also will kick a player off my team from time to time. If I do I recreate him a year later, if he was an under classmen, as a JuCo player. I do this by writing down a few names and drawing them from a hat. Just adds to the game when I grow bored. You also have to write down his ratings and other info.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I will also hand down NCAA rulings if I ever sway like I made a violation. I also suspend players from time to time. I also will kick a player off my team from time to time. If I do I recreate him a year later, if he was an under classmen, as a JuCo player. I do this by writing down a few names and drawing them from a hat.

Lol, wut? Jk man, whatever floats your boat I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Vol
Lol, wut? Jk man, whatever floats your boat I guess.

I got to make the game fun because it is lifeless. I have played this series since 98 and not much has changed. We reached the pinnacle in 06 to only go down hill since.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I got to make the game fun because it is lifeless. I have played this series since 98 and not much has changed. We reached the pinnacle in 06 to only go down hill since.

Yeah I miss 06 too. 11 is by far the best on next gen though, and if they are really focusing on dynasty this year, which i read somewhere on this board, 12 could be the 06 of next gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »