Home

Recruiting questions

This is a discussion on Recruiting questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Recruiting questions

Hey guys, I'm trying to rebuild a 4-star Miami team. Got some quick questions about Heisman recruiting before I dive in.

1. Are juco players easier to recruit?

2. On Heisman recruiting, should you even bother to make a run at a guy if he starts off the entire recruiting process down to his top eight and you're not in it?

3. Lets say you're in a guy's top 8, but he cuts down to top 5 and you're not in it. Can you still land the guy or are you done?

4. If your school's strengths don't match up with what a guy cares about, but he still has you as one of his favorite schools, are you gonna get screwed if you keep recruiting him until the end?

Thanks for anyone that can help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Recruiting questions

1. I don't think that they're necessarily easier, but CPU schools tend to not recruit them as heavily or ignore them since they won't be around as long. I've seen times where major football schools like Bama, LSU and Florida are fighting over a 3* recruit, but a 4* Juco JR recruit of the same position with Bama, LSU and Florida as his top 3 schools is going unrecruited.

2. I don't recruit on Heisman so I can't help you there.

3. You're not done, but you have to be able to get past the guys ahead of you. If he's being recruited/offered by all 5 of his to schools, then you're probably out, but if only 2 or 3 are actively pursuing him then you can possibly still land him.

4. It depends. If he cares about Program Tradition, Program Stability, and Coach Prestige when you have B-C ratings in all of them while the other schools pursuing him have A/A+ ratings, then you're probably screwed. If you don't have good pitches for him, but so do his other schools, then it's pretty much a toss up.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

1) I don't think they are "easier" to land, unless they are local guys (true of all recruits). CPU teams do tend to prefer freshman though. They are properly rated and valued imo. However they can be more valuable to a smaller program because they contribute right away. JUCOs are great recruits for a rebuilding program. They'll help you win some games while you build depth and improve prestige. 2) Probably not. I would make an exception if I really needed the guy, he was in my pipeline, and I'm a 5-star+ program, and not many others are recruiting him. If 2-3 top programs are recruiting him hard forget about it. 3) Depends on how late. WHen recruit goes from top 8 to top 5 and you're 6th there's still hope. You have time to catch up and get into the top 3 before the next cutoff. It's much harder to win a recruit (ie impossible) if he cuts to 3 and you're #4. If 1-2 schools are already near full it's almost impossible to catch up. 4) I think you are okay as long as you have some high points that match him. You can still sway some topics. Also if you get a big lead his interests will matter much else in my experience.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
1) I don't think they are "easier" to land, unless they are local guys (true of all recruits). CPU teams do tend to prefer freshman though. They are properly rated and valued imo. However they can be more valuable to a smaller program because they contribute right away. JUCOs are great recruits for a rebuilding program. They'll help you win some games while you build depth and improve prestige.

2) Probably not. I would make an exception if I really needed the guy, he was in my pipeline, and I'm a 5-star+ program, and not many others are recruiting him. If 2-3 top programs are recruiting him hard forget about it.

3) Depends on how late. WHen recruit goes from top 8 to top 5 and you're 6th there's still hope. You have time to catch up and get into the top 3 before the next cutoff. It's much harder to win a recruit (ie impossible) if he cuts to 3 and you're #4. If 1-2 schools are already near full it's almost impossible to catch up.

4) I think you are okay as long as you have some high points that match him. You can still sway some topics. Also if you get a big lead his interests will matter much else in my experience.
there thats better
Old 01-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
Rookie

BadgerGirl's Arena

OVR: 1

jucos are usually rated really high, sometimes 99 their first year
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »