Home

BOTH QUARTERBACKS HURT..COME ON MAN!!

This is a discussion on BOTH QUARTERBACKS HURT..COME ON MAN!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3
BOTH QUARTERBACKS HURT..COME ON MAN!!

Justed started my Michigan dynasty, in week 5, I have lost both Robinson (torn rotator cuff...season) and Forcier (broken wrist...6 weeks) So in comes my freshman Gardner and had to remove the redshirt from my other freshman Jones. Another first for me, having both qb's out for a long period of time. I have seen it on the computer, but never on my side. Anyone else ever come across this??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: BOTH QUARTERBACKS HURT..COME ON MAN!!

All I can say is, **** happens. I've done it to other teams, and had it done to me.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 01-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

It happens. In my CAL dynasty I lost my senior QB week one, senior RB week two, and senior DE week three. All were likely to receive All PAC-10 honors, having done so the previous year.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

Yeah this threw me off a little. I seen it done on the computer, but this is first having both the starting and backup hurt at the same time. I was running Robinson all over, he was racking up some good yards. Forcier came in and was playing well. Now in comes Gardner, we'll see what happens
Old 01-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

In several different threads I'v posted my frustration with this kind of thing.
It's one thing to say -- and I don't disagree -- that crap happens. But it's another when:
- Heisman-winning So. QB (didn't miss a single snap) returns for Jr. year and is lost for season on 3rd snap, a HB Toss, of 1st game of year
- consecutive years top HB, both times a Sr and both times leading nation in rushing (but NOT w/ most attempts) and atop Heisman watch list, is lost for season in wk 8 or 9, ending career on sideline
- seems like first game every year I lose a starter for weeks; this year (14th of 6* Auburn dynasty) it was starting Jr FS going down for 10wks on first defensive series of season
- at least every 3rd game I lose a starter for the remainder of the game

I insert 2nd, 3rd and 4th HBs in Strategy>Depth Chart to run behind my 1st O-line beginning w/ 2nd quarter (my 1st guy is a 5'8" 99SPD/99ACC/92BTK guy that has at least a dozen 50+ yard runs; he is unbelievable), and Mass Sub ASAP every single game -- both offense and defense.
Been doing that for a few seasons but I'll inevitably lose a starter late in the season. Has happened every year, and will happen again this time I'm sure.

This -- along with useless Pink Diamond recruits during the 5-wk Offseason -- is my biggest beef with the game. Maybe my only beefs. I don't recall losing a guy for 2 wks here or there. It's always 6, 8, or 10 wks.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the injury thing, I'm just saying the game takes too much away with injuries that last too long when you factor in the Questionable condition which is usually another 2 wks.

EA, nick some guys up for a week or two, don't debilitate them all. Knock out a guy for a wk, make him questionable the next wk, and probable the following one. Following one team in real life, year to year real programs do not lose the same number of game starts as this game creates. Slide it back a little and this will be 'unlucky' rather than inevitable and 'annually' frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

One year a few years in with Michigan State my QB got injured and my WR corps were decimated. I had to start RB's, backup TE's, and even occasionally corners at WR. I had like 2 WR's that were actually WR's starting. It was disgusting.

Occasionally, however, an injury can shine light upon a backup who plays "better" than the starter. I know its not actually true to ratings, but some backups combination of ratings fit my style better and end up being better. My Mich. St. All American 95 OVR QB went down, and my 78 OVR backup won the Heisman. My starter was in no position to do so as he was throwing tons of picks.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #7
Pro

footballfan4life's Arena

OVR: 8

In my coaching dynasty ive been posting on here, I lost my top 2 HBs. I redshirted my 3rd string, so i was with my 72 ovr 4th string back

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAA: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 01-21-2011, 11:15 PM   #8
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

Man!! After reading these replies, I feel pretty lucky!! I have never had both qb's go down in the same season of all these years playing, so I was like wow!! I like playing with injuries, but it does get frustrating. Robinson went down 2 times before getting knocked out for the season, so I figured something was going to happen to him, as I was running him ragged. When Forcier went down my jaw dropped. I didnt think the game would let both qb's go down at the same time. I thought wrong...lol Now Ive got my Freshman qb Gardner starting, so this will be interesting. I was using the Utah State playbook, but may have to tune it down a little. I was pretty excited cause the defense has been playing lights out also. I am about to leave work and go play against Indiana. We''ll see how the freshman does!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »