Home

The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipadblack11
So you wanna fix a handoff, seriously, a handoff. I guess that better then them adding the band to the stands. It's not like there going to run onto the field.
The triple option is huge in the option offense therefore yes, it should be fixed.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 32
Agree with all of this.

One year, I had an ATH that was 6'1" and 205 pounds that had massive 88 something strength and ended up being best OVR at Center. Unreal. He was awesome, but looked like a toothpick on the line smashing dudes to the floor. It's the little things I guess
Old 01-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #59
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:

So you wanna fix a handoff, seriously, a handoff. I guess that better then them adding the band to the stands. It's not like there going to run onto the field.
So we should have a broken option in the games because no one would fix a handoff, seriously a handoff? If its broken its broken and should be addressed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 01-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
Agree with all of this.

One year, I had an ATH that was 6'1" and 205 pounds that had massive 88 something strength and ended up being best OVR at Center. Unreal. He was awesome, but looked like a toothpick on the line smashing dudes to the floor. It's the little things I guess
Me too
Mine came in about the same weight and height. He came in 78 ovr as a G, 75 as a C, 78 as a FB. He was slow. I already had a 78 Ovr FB who was a Soph. I was thinking WTH. I could understand if he had 75+ Ovr.
We denititely need the abilty to edit draft classes, Height, Weight, every team in Dynasty.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #61
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Quote:
6.' "Thou shalt speed up the QB/FB option handoff animation so that it shall be a viable option". The Triple option is fairly useless in that the animation of the QB faking and or handing off to the Fullback is waaaayyy toooooo slooooooow. This allows your opponent to effectively kill either your FB in the backfield or destroy your QB before he's able to turn the corner. Speeding this animation up would help this greatly.'''

Uh yeah. I do. Because it is actually a big deal and affects gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 PM   #62
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
So you had rather have the bands in the stands over having a killer of any form of option systems? I guess you also want to have all the correct cheers that the cheerleaders do for each school as well. Seriously who cares about gameplay when we could have bands. It's not like the triple option, spread option or pistol offense plays a major role in college football unlike the bands.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:16 AM   #63
Rookie

AUsouthpaw2013's Arena

OVR: 0

ESPN presentation was really cool. It could be made better by bringing in the "ESPN on ABC" aspect as well. Including a slightly different lead-in, the "Saturday Night Football" theme music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5AUi...eature=related (1:05-1:20), as well as the updated ESPN college football theme (the techo-esque one). I know ESPN pulled a fast one on us last year with that one. But the new one should be in the game this year.

-Shug Jordan
Old 01-26-2011, 05:59 AM   #64
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Uh yeah. I do. Because it is actually a big deal and affects gameplay.
In general the hand off animations need to be made faster imo. It takes forever for option and play action plays to develop, because it takes 3 seconds for the QB to fake a hand off, resulting in way too many blown up plays.

I'd like to add to this

Thou shall not make the CPU Defensive lineman gods amongst mortals. Seriously, Defensive lineman have the ability to disregard any and all of their assigned ratings. I've seen D-lineman chase down HB's with 95 spd from behind, with the HB in full stride while the D-lineman was at a standstill. I've seen 71 OVR D-lineman toss around 97 OVR All-Americans like rag dolls play after play. I've seen D-lineman Jump to a referee's shoulder level to make an INT. I've seen D-lineman jump to block a pass before my QB even finished raising his arm to throw. I've seen D-lineman jump the snap, play after play without ever getting a single false start(while i was hard counting). And I've seen D-lineman shed blocks literally at will, doesn't matter who's blocking, once the ball carrier's near there's a 85% chance that D-lineman will break his block. And by "I've seen" i don't mean once or twice, I mean see this kind of thing almost every single game. In particular the DE disregarding their speed rating and man handling much better lineman I see every single game.

Seriously I can't stand the way the D-line behaves in this game, it's been broken for years.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »