Home

Stopping the Power O

This is a discussion on Stopping the Power O within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #25
Rookie

slingstone's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stopping the Power O

Gator, forgive me for getting into a minor urination contest with you on this issue. All bravado aside, I'll concede that having a superior team run the same play over and over would be demoralizing, IF he pulls it off successfully. All I have to do is remember is how Cam Newton ran over Antonio Allen getting into the endzone in the SEC title game. It IS one thing to know something is coming. It IS another to stop it.

However, what we're talking about here is the same play time after time (or nearly so). I still think that selling out on run defense will stop it, punish the guy who's doing it with lost yardage, and make him rethink his offense or lose the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #26
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

It's cool
Old 01-29-2011, 02:51 AM   #27
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingstone
I'd have to agree with Bullet. If any team can run a play that another team can't stop, that's not cheese. Haven't you ever watched a game (college or NFL) and seen a team run the same play a number of times? Some teams bank on the superior ability of their athletes to run a "bread and butter" play in the face of almost any opposition. It's not cheating. It's football. There is no whining in football.
Lets not forget that in reality, coaches can actually scheme their defenses. And in reality, players know to look for the same play, sometimes through film study. I played a game against a guy who used Texas...and used the Nebraska playbook. I knew he was running. I did EVERYTHING I could, as Florida, to stop him. And he just ran almost every play and gained easy yardage with seven and eight man stacked lines. Ever heard of money plays?
Old 01-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #28
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Lets not forget that in reality, coaches can actually scheme their defenses. And in reality, players know to look for the same play, sometimes through film study. I played a game against a guy who used Texas...and used the Nebraska playbook. I knew he was running. I did EVERYTHING I could, as Florida, to stop him. And he just ran almost every play and gained easy yardage with seven and eight man stacked lines. Ever heard of money plays?
I hear you bro... The AI doesn't learn, so when the human runs outside right almost every dow , your defense will never get containment and constantly on The outside.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #29
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209vaughn
I hear you bro... The AI doesn't learn, so when the human runs outside right almost every dow , your defense will never get containment and constantly on The outside.
But you should learn, so use the DE or a LB, and get contain yourself.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4
Exclamation Re: Stopping the Power O

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209vaughn
Safety blitz and Man Up the rest of the guys. Get set up wide with LBs and DLs.

---

In regards to cheesing... There are plenty of run plays in the Alabama playbook that are definitley considered cheese. But thats with a HUGELY over rated Alabama team. If were talking an OD, where teams are more equal, then it's hard for me to consider the Power O cheese really.

Also consider crashing your defense to the strong side of the play.
Alabama playbook cheese? Are you serious? It no different than any other playbook and it only one I form set and three power plays.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Old 01-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #31
Rookie

slingstone's Arena

OVR: 0

You know what guys? It seems like the defense on this game is just broken. I've seen some guys blame it on the "online gameplay tuning". Since I'm not an online player, I've not experienced the cheesing you guys have mentioned, but I have been having a SUPREMELY hard time stopping anything on my offline dynasty with my roommate this season. It used to be I could stop the AI quite a few times a game. Now I've been struggling with almost every game. Maybe I've lost my mojo...I dunno...

If this is happening to me with the AI, I can't even imagine what it's like with a human player. I think the principles I originally posted are still solid, but I'm beginning to hope NCAA 12 is a lot better than this game is turning out to be.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #32
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

I just hate how people refer to a game as real life... It's not real life and the AI is stupid you could run only one play all game and they still react to the play as if it was a new play they never seen ran before.

And sure you can say "oh you should change you're defense you're self". That's true but you can never change how the defense reacts stupid to it. In real life the defense would have the brain power to at least react different if you ran the same play 60% of the time like you said.

EA needs adaptive AI

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »