Home

What defensive player records the most sacks for you?

This is a discussion on What defensive player records the most sacks for you? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2011, 08:58 PM   #9
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
The LE gets a lot of sacks because the CPU QB ALWAYS drifts to the right in the pocket.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What defensive player records the most sacks for you?

Mine is always the LE who I control when I'm rushing the passer. I always put my fastest DE on that side and rotate between him and an lb or s in zone coverage on passing downs.

My DT is usually 2nd on the team. I never control him.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
The LE gets a lot of sacks because the CPU QB ALWAYS drifts to the right in the pocket.
This. I run a 3-3-5 and get a lot of sacks from my LBs and Safeties, but my LE is a lombardi candidate every year. I even started putting slower, run-stuffing type ends at LE and it really doesn't matter, he'll still lead the team. But it has helped balance it out. Some.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #12
Rookie

Run 4-3 and control my FS.
Almost always a DT leads in sacks and the MLB leads in tackles. I'm certain it's b/c I've, through time, built up my DT 'stable' to the point where by the time they're starting their OVR and measurables are in the high 90s.
Current Sr was my #3 DT last year and made 2nd-team All-SEC, and now measures 99 OVR, 99 ACC, 92 STR, and 99 for both TAK and BSH. My current 5th DT is a RS-So with OVR of 86. Setting up my recruiting for this type of cycle has resulted in a sack-heavy group of DTs.
From someone's earlier post, this might also be why my MLB is the tackles leader; the DTs might be occupying the line creating more room for the 'backer.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #13
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Run 4-3 and control my FS.
Almost always a DT leads in sacks and the MLB leads in tackles. I'm certain it's b/c I've, through time, built up my DT 'stable' to the point where by the time they're starting their OVR and measurables are in the high 90s.
Current Sr was my #3 DT last year and made 2nd-team All-SEC, and now measures 99 OVR, 99 ACC, 92 STR, and 99 for both TAK and BSH. My current 5th DT is a RS-So with OVR of 86. Setting up my recruiting for this type of cycle has resulted in a sack-heavy group of DTs.
From someone's earlier post, this might also be why my MLB is the tackles leader; the DTs might be occupying the line creating more room for the 'backer.
Were can i find some of those DT

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 01-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #14
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizKhid
Were can i find some of those DT
LOL!! I hear that!! Get me some of those.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #15
Rookie

CenTechsan's Arena

My LE or my nickel guy. In real life, I'd put my best pass rushing end as my RE so he's coming from the QB blind spot. But because there's no blindspot on video games, I put him at the RE so that in the event of a good pass rush, my opponent will have to roll left with his QB. I think most people prefer to roll to the right with a right handed QB, so I try to make him run left. I like bringing a nickel back off the edge and jumping the slot with my linebacker. I don't get very many sacks, but it's usually with my RE or my nickel guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTechsan
My LE or my nickel guy. In real life, I'd put my best pass rushing end as my RE so he's coming from the QB blind spot. But because there's no blindspot on video games, I put him at the RE so that in the event of a good pass rush, my opponent will have to roll left with his QB. I think most people prefer to roll to the right with a right handed QB, so I try to make him run left. I like bringing a nickel back off the edge and jumping the slot with my linebacker. I don't get very many sacks, but it's usually with my RE or my nickel guy.
Thats actually really smart about the rolling out part I never really thought about it but even if you dont get the sack hes throwing across his body and could end up throwing a pick . thanks im definitly going to use this strategy in my dynasty

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »