Home

What defensive player records the most sacks for you?

This is a discussion on What defensive player records the most sacks for you? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3
What defensive player records the most sacks for you?

I always play as a dt or de and its always my left defensive end that always leads the team in sacks. All the offline dynasties I have played, it is always my left end that rack up the sacks, no matter what his rating is. My second stringer, now first stringer left end is leading the team. Is that norm for everyone else also?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: What defensive player records the most sacks for you?

It depends for me

because i control the Left End and always blitz from the right side of my defense and its usually my Right end because either the Safety or Linebacker gets picked up by the line first letting my DE get off freely.

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 01-23-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Usually the RE, simply because I put the best/fastest pass rusher there.

I play 3-4 defense most of the time, so my sacks are usually VERY spread out between my front 7.

If its not my RE, its my 2nd MLB that I control (usually as the "eraser") that gets lots of tackles/run stops and a fair amount of sacks when I decide to rush just 3 and come myself.

Overall though, I usually have the faster D-Line or LB's getting the most sacks. When I had a "Warren Sapp-esque" DT with 84 speed he had double digit sacks in my 3-4, which the NT almost NEVER gets that many sacks.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

usually my sack totals go like: LE, DT(guy I control most the time), OLBs, MLBs, RE.... I mostly use a 3-4, but I use the Multiple D playbook and use 4-3 in some situations. for some reason the RE never gets anywhere in the pass rush for me, no matter how good he is or whether or not I'm controlling him. his sacks are usually if the QB scrambles right into him.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 01-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

4-3= D-line, I can't get close with a LB. I do get a few sacks from dime CB's when I zone blitz but that maybe 3-4 sacks a year.

3-4= LB's when I run 2-4 nickle coverage. I also formation sub LB's in at DE in all nickel and dime packages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #6
Banned

Rotax's Arena

My defensive tackles, I've never ran anything but a 4-3 in this years game. I ran a 3-3-5 last year.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #7
Rookie

slingstone's Arena

OVR: 0

I think it'll almost always be whomever you control in the defensive front seven, especially if you set up for it with pressure from another angle, like many of the guys do here. For my roommate, it's always his LE, 'cause that's who he controls typically. For me, it's usually my best lineman, which, more often than not, is a DT. However, I've noticed that my MLB's almost always lead in tackles and have a decent number of sacks, too, because my DT often eats up blockers if he (the DT) doesn't break through. This gives the MLB the chance to get in himself or tackle the ballcarrier, I guess.

Last edited by slingstone; 01-23-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #8
Rookie

It is very easy to get sacks with the LE in a 4-3 defense. I play on All-American and most of the time don't even blitz and I have gotten 25-30 sacks a season with my defensive end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »