Home

Cheesing cost me a chance at a National title.

This is a discussion on Cheesing cost me a chance at a National title. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Cheesing cost me a chance at a National title.

Isn't the objective of football is to find a weakness and exploit it? In real life you think they are not going to run certain plays, come on you lost you couldn't stop it. It's not the other guys fault you can't stop what he's doing. This like little league football, give everybody a trophy. People talking about making it real as possible, well there you go. I guess it was too real for you.

Last edited by imwhatzup; 01-25-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwhatzup
Isn't the objective of football is to find a weakness and exploit it? In real life you think they think they are not going to run certain plays, come on you lost you couldn't stop it. It's not the other guys fault you can't stop what he's doing. This like little league football, give everybody a trophy. People taking about making it real as possible, well there you go. I guess it was too real for you.
I guess we found someone who likes those exploits. Look I have played football from little league through college. I understand routes, and what defenses stops routes. The issue here is that certain things in this game, cannot be stopped; not to mention that half the time it is thrown up the defenders, rather than batting the pass away or breaking up the pass just watch the receiver catch it. I do not feel that I should have to control my DB every play to have a chance at a PBU. When you hear about a team attacking a weakness it is usually that the other team cannot stop the run/pass, not the team running the same play every play; it would get shut down quickly. I am not sure how any of this has anything to do with everyone getting a trophy? I do see it having to do with certain people being frustrated that they cannot play a real game a football and have to try and take the easy way out.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Maybe the guy is not good at defense, we don't know every detail of what happened. We know what he tells us.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #20
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I have some bylaws in place in my OD that help some. One is I absolutely do not allow user catching, nor game planning anything to aggressive (conservative is fine).

Also I agree with imwhatsup that just because you can't stop it doesn't make it cheese. Man should help, and you most definitely want to control a defender over the middle.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 0

You don't allow user catching? Are you serious? Thats ********. If the guy can't user defend that is his problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #22
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165
You don't allow user catching? Are you serious? Thats ********. If the guy can't user defend that is his problem.
Nope. I consider that cheese. You may not, and that's fine, but to me it's just a cheap way to override the receivers built-in ratings, which is a bandaid for poor QB skills. A lot of sim-style dynasties don't allow that silly arcade crap.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #23
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBauerHour
Ranting a bit, I know, but I had a question as well. My slow, lumbering #1 ranked Northwestern Wildcats were going into the last week undefeated and getting ready to play a user controlled #3 Oregon Ducks. Slow and steady versus fast and...cheap? Yes, this idiot cheesed the entire game by only running 3-4 different plays, one of them being the "All Verticals", in which he used 5 times in the last drives for the game winning touchdown. I frowned upon his shenanigans and am a bit upset. His response to when messaged him about play calling? "Bitter? Haha, terrible play calling beat you. Have fun in the Rose Bowl" I try to have a mature and well played game, and he sits here and mocks me as he cheeses his way to a National Championship game.

I recommend joining up in a league where there are adults that play with your same ideals in mind, i.e. mixing it up, being fair to the opponent, etc. The league I'm in on Tradition Sports Online (see my sig) is pretty solid and I recommend the website as a whole. I'm not the owner or anything, just a long-term member. Not to say you'll never see 4-verts used in a game, but never twice on the same drive and probably not twice in the same game.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #24
Rookie

TheBauerHour's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I recommend joining up in a league where there are adults that play with your same ideals in mind, i.e. mixing it up, being fair to the opponent, etc. The league I'm in on Tradition Sports Online (see my sig) is pretty solid and I recommend the website as a whole. I'm not the owner or anything, just a long-term member. Not to say you'll never see 4-verts used in a game, but never twice on the same drive and probably not twice in the same game.
It was advertised as a "working Dad's" league, so I assumed I was dealing with primarily adults. Like I said in my original post, I was a slow, lumbering Northwestern team against a fast, spread Oregon team. I threw all I had at him, his athletic and fast TE is what made the All Verticals tough. It's either I double cover the TE and risk leaving the RB wide open on the dump off, or leave the TE alone and watch him run past my secondary. When I messaged the original Commish, the one that invited me to the league, about the issue, he wouldn't believe me because, "it's your word against my best friend's", so obviously his friend, the guy I played that is also the new commish, is telling him differently. I just wish I had saved videos of the last drive of him running All Verticals at least 4 times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »